We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sailing and restaurants in St. Maarten

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
7 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Sailing and restaurants in St. Maarten

I have been to St. Maarten several times but not in 5 yrs. I want to know what are the best restauants on the island now. Both expensive and affordable. Also, I am looking to go sailing and deep sea fishing with a captain and my 5 friends. Does anyone have suggestions

Burlington NC
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sailing and restaurants in St. Maarten

Not sure this went thru first time. First 20 in order by most mentioned in recent trip reports etc. 2nd 20 just alphabetical

Pineapple Pete's

Fish pot

Le Cottage

Le Taitu

Marks Place

Sol luna

Spiga

Yvettes

La California

Le Tastevin

Lido's - Ribs

Rainbow Café

Turtle Pier - (Lobsters & Breakfast)

Baywatch

Don Camillo's

L'Alabama

L'Auberge Gourmande

L'Tropicana

Bananas

Tabba Khady

-------------------------------

Bistro Nu

Bistrot Caraibes

Boathouse

Bounty

Buccaneer Beach Bar (BBB)

Hidden Forest Cafe (Loterie Farm)

I'l Nettuno

Island Flava

Kissing Fish

L' Astrolabe

Le Marrakech

Le Montmartre

L'hibiscus - Italian

Marina Royale

Uncle Harry's

Zee Best

columbia,maryland
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sailing and restaurants in St. Maarten

I agree with all those selections but Temptation was not on the list and it is worth mentioning. It is expensive but the food is to die for. Check out Simpson Bay for your boating excursions. Also if you are staying at one of the hotels they probably can arrange the trip for you.

CTG
Atlanta
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Sailing and restaurants in St. Maarten

It's pretty tough not to eat youself into a coma from this list.. they are all very good

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
7 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sailing and restaurants in St. Maarten

thanks for the tips!

Atlanta
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Sailing and restaurants in St. Maarten

cjoygo - do you want a private sea-doo expedition with your favorite friend? Orient Beach is great with iPod and friend.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
7 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sailing and restaurants in St. Maarten

thanks HTU13. I'll take your advice. Orient Beach would be perfect with the perfect person. I think I have just the one. Looking forward to my trip.

7. Re: Sailing and restaurants in St. Maarten

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:34 am, August 14, 2009