We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to Spend 8 Hours in Philipsburg, St. Maarten

Which Philipsburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Orem, UT
5 posts
Save Topic
How to Spend 8 Hours in Philipsburg, St. Maarten

I have 8 hours to spend in Philipsburg, St. Maarten at the end of this month. I want to stay away from the tourist traps and truly experience the island. What should I do and where should I eat.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to Spend 8 Hours in Philipsburg, St. Maarten

Hard to experience St Maarten if you stay in Philipsburg. If I were you, I would rent a car and go around the island from West to East. Stop in Maho beach to see one or two planes landing at the airport. Then go to Marigot to see the view from the Fort Louis. Have lunch in one of the lolos (local Caribbean restaurants) in Grand-Case. Finish your tour driving through Oyster Pond and go back to Philipsburg. If you are not that adventurous or prefer to chill out, go to Mullet bay with a cab and spend the day on the beach! You can also go to Maho beach walking to see the planes landing (really worth it). ENJOY!

Granville MA
Level Contributor
553 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to Spend 8 Hours in Philipsburg, St. Maarten

Definitely agree! Philipsburg is very touristy. We do enjoy our days there BUT if you are looking to experience the island you need to get out of Philipsburg. There are taxi drivers who will take you around or you can rent a car for the day. The lolls in Grand Case are wonderful and we also enjoy Maho, Mullet Bay and Marigot. There is so much to do but you won't have time to do and enjoy everything! Do your research and enjoy!!

3. Re: How to Spend 8 Hours in Philipsburg, St. Maarten

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 18, 2014