We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

to find a job in st.martin

Amreli, India
2 posts
to find a job in st.martin

i want know job condition in st.martin plz suggest to me,

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
11,347 posts
20 reviews
54 helpful votes
1. Re: to find a job in st.martin

If you are an EU citizen, you can work on the French side after registering with the government and whatever else they require. Unless you have a Dutch passport, or working papers provided via your employer you cannot work on the Dutch side.

In any case, the economy is bad here just as everywhere else, so there are few job and lots of people who want them.

Berkshire, United...
Level Contributor
44,220 posts
107 reviews
438 helpful votes
2. Re: to find a job in st.martin

and if you hold an Indian passport, forget it, you will not get a work permit.

Amreli, India
2 posts
3. Re: to find a job in st.martin

Thanks for such a quick reply. I am indian passport holder. I would like to apply for student visa for st. martin. i want to know can there is a possibility of moving to USA from St. Martin. It will help me take my decision...

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
11,347 posts
20 reviews
54 helpful votes
4. Re: to find a job in st.martin

Don't think you will get your answers here. Get to a consulate.

Indian Head Park,IL.
Level Contributor
5 posts
75 reviews
35 helpful votes
5. Re: to find a job in st.martin

Who would not want to work in this paradise of a Island.We are returning to SXM for the3rd or 4th time.I'd love to find work here .sxmlover--- Probably been there a while. We have to wait for the "cliff"?

If I didn't know better..looks like Papagayo bar in the background??Thats where we are staying.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
11,347 posts
20 reviews
54 helpful votes
6. Re: to find a job in st.martin

Want sometimes has nothing to do with working! ;)

My picture? Nope, Buccaneer Beach Bar - the best on the island IMHO - many years ago! LOL

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
343 posts
112 reviews
116 helpful votes
7. Re: to find a job in st.martin

i was told by a local business owner that unless you are a dutch citizen, marry a dutch citizen, or are a local resident of course, you have almost no chance of being allowed to work on the island anymore.

you can apply to live there for extended periods but are not allowed to work.

i was hoping to maybe one day retire there (part time) but i would need to supplement my income by working

bummer

Philipsburg, St...
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
1 helpful vote
8. Re: to find a job in st.martin

You can't work without proper papers in Dutch Side of the island as the fine is too much to pay for businesses.

AL
Level Contributor
77 posts
9. Re: to find a job in st.martin

Do the same rules apply to Physicians?

Texas
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
7,870 posts
9 reviews
37 helpful votes
10. Re: to find a job in st.martin

The "rules" apply to everyone - if you are not an EU or Dutch citizen you'll need a Work Permit. People having certain "skill sets" may find it somewhat easier to get a Work Permit. A "physician's skill set" may or may not fall into that category. You'd have to check with local authorities. FYI - sometimes decisions regarding who is granted a Work Permit can be arbitrary so the answer you get today may not be the same as you'll get at the time you apply. Lastly, Work Permits, when (or if) granted, are good only for that position and only good for one year. There are no guarantees the Permit will be renewed when it expires.