We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Martin va Jamaica weather in the winter months

Which Philipsburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
KMF24
Level Contributor
227 posts
Save Topic
St Martin va Jamaica weather in the winter months

I’m considering a trip to the Caribbean in January or February of 2012. My question is between St Martin and Jamaica which is typically warmer during the winter? I recall going to Jamaica once in February and found it to be a bit chilly when the sun went down. Thanks.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,557 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St Martin va Jamaica weather in the winter months

Temps won't vary much from one Caribbean island to another at sea level - the more you move North and into the Bahamas the more temps become as what you expect to see in South Florida.

Hackensack, New...
Level Contributor
67 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: St Martin va Jamaica weather in the winter months

Having visited SXM in late Sept. and returning on Tues, 10/18 from a 4 -day trip to Jamaica, I'd have to agree that temps will not vary much unless you venture down around the Trinidad region of the Caribbean and still there isn't much of a temp difference even during the winter. But who knows, you may time it right and visit when one of these jet streams push the north american cold air way down south to the caribbean but i hope not.

Hackensack, New...
Level Contributor
67 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: St Martin va Jamaica weather in the winter months

Found this bit of info. Hope it helps.

dummies.com/how-to/content/deciding-when-to-…

http://jamaica-guide.info/weather/

stmartin-guide.info/planning.your.trip/…

And don't forget, if you are used to seeing temps in Fahrenheit, these will be in Celsius which may appear low.

4. Re: St Martin va Jamaica weather in the winter months

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, October 26, 2012