We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting 4 the first time

Maryland
Level Contributor
24 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting 4 the first time

Staying at Flamingo Beach Resort in July and I was hoping to get ideas, facts, and opinions about:

* Should I exchange money for this trip?

*Rent a car?

* I saw a kayak trip with Caribbean Paddling Tours $50 and Garfield Fun Charters $89 looks good too, so what do you all think? I'm a bargin gal, so who knows the bargins? or the insider tips.

thanks

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting 4 the first time

We are going to the Flamingo in July as well, what dates are you staying? We have booked a trip on Random Wind Charters, sounds super cool

Philipsburg, St...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting 4 the first time

If you have US Dollars, do not exchange money, it's accepted everywhere (and many restaurants even accept 1 euro = 1 dollar on French St. Maarten, so it's cheaper to pay with dollars). Dutch side is all dollars.

Definitely rent a car if you want to see the island, don't if you'd just like to relax on the beach.

Most of those activities are pretty fun and you'll find they are worth the money.

Maryland
Level Contributor
24 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting 4 the first time

thanks for your input

4. Re: Visiting 4 the first time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 pm, October 02, 2012