We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach near cruise ship docks

Holland,MI
Level Contributor
264 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Beach near cruise ship docks

I was told that there is a beach and shopping within walking distance of where the cruise ships dock. Any info. would be greatly appreciated!

USA
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach near cruise ship docks

Absolutely! Also a 1.50 "bus" ride will get you to the Maho Beach area from Phillipsburg if you are not into shopping. Nice beach bar there called Sunset Beach Bar(has web site w/ web cam to see it and beach) You would get a "bus" -(mini van) that says Mullet bay and watch for Maho Bay. Just allow enough time to get back to your ship.......long swim home. Actually if you see a ST M map this bay is at the end of the airport,so easy see where it is at. HAve Fun!

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,465 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach near cruise ship docks

Great Bay Beach is the first thing you come to when you leave the dock. Not the best on the island, but very pretty and great if you don't want to travel. There is new Boardwalk, many restaurants, and the main shopping district one block away.

Connecticut
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach near cruise ship docks

Well, if you truly are a "Sand Lover" as your sign on name suggests, you would be a fool not to spend the $6 and 15 minute cab ride to Orient Beach. I've been to Megans Bay (St Thomas) and Trunk Bay (St John) - considered two of the top five beaches in the world and I still like Orient Beach the best! Plenty to do (snorkeling at south end, parasailing, trampoline w/ slide, good food-try Baywatch & get the Buffalo Shrimp). Leave yourself a couple hours at the end of the day and head back to Phillipsburg for shopping. Good deals on electronics - but just check internet prices before you go so that you can get a great deal & HAGGLE!