We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resorts With Few[er] Children

Chicago
Level Contributor
125 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Resorts With Few[er] Children

Simply put, we have no children and prefer to vacation in places that have few (if any ) children. What we want to avoid is a large number of children around the pool area.

While a private villa would be the obvious choice, proximity to the Orient Bay nude beach area is key, and no, Club Orient will not work as it is too rustic for our tastes.

We looking at Alamanda, La Plantation and Esmerelda. February 23-27 time frame.

Please--no flaming us as child haters--we know that this can be an emotional topic for some. Can anyone comment on our choices so far or offer another suggestion.

godfrey, illinois
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Resorts With Few[er] Children

We feel the same. We have been to Orient Beach three times and have stayed at Caribbean Princess, Cap Caraibes and Residence de la Plage #38. I think maybe there were some children at Cap Caraibes, but never saw them at the pool, only walking towards the building. Orient Beach doesn't have as many children as other beaches or resorts, there aren't many activities that cater to children and some parents may be a little leary about the nudist thing. I've never seen a child on the Club Orient portion of Orient Beach. We are not naturists or nudist (I'm not sure of the terminology), however, I'm OK with whatever people choose or don't choose to wear. Its a tough call, if you specify absolutely no children you could get into a swingers place, or, went to Cieba del Mar at Porto Morelos, Mexico and they have a "no children" rule. It was beautiful but very boring and the food was barely tolerable. I think it was a weight loss clinic or something. In closing, the closer you are to Spring break the more children present at any resort.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,465 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resorts With Few[er] Children

Actually, Club Orient is a family report and there are frequently families with children on the beach.

David&Kim-

I think your dates are the end of President's week, so family "school break" type vacations from the US should be at an end. I don't know what the French school calendar for that time of the year is, so that may make a difference.

Of your choices, I would pick Alamanda or Es.

If you don't mind driving 10 minutes, Les Balcons in Oyster Pond is a great place, and few if any, children.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
3,197 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Resorts With Few[er] Children

You could always rent a villa in St. Bart's. If you didn't have the "clothing optional" issue, you could go to Caneel Bay in St. John, USVI. The resort has seven beautiful beaches and the families with kids are housed in separate areas to the couples who want to be alone. A couple of beaches are also off limits to the little ones.

4. Re: Resorts With Few[er] Children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 pm, August 19, 2009