We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling to St. Maarten with young children

DRF
Washington
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling to St. Maarten with young children

Can anyone recommend a St. Maarten hotel or resort for a family with a 1-year old and a 4-year old? Musts are a kids' pool or alternatively a large shallow end, any organized activities (for the 4-year-old), and some access to childcare. Does such a place exist on St. M. or should we looking at a club med instead??!! Is it a kid-friendly island? Any info would be helpful...

HMP
Cambridge, MA
Level Contributor
271 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling to St. Maarten with young children

I've been going to St. Maarten since I was a child myself. Try the Pelican. You can get a one bedroom condo with a full kitchen. If you stay in the B block, there is a large pool with a very large shallow area for kids to splash around in. At one time there was actually a child's pool and play area, not sure if that is still there or not. I believe they can arrange childcare for you, but I've never used it myself. Also, I am not sure if there are organized kids activites onsite or not.

Get answers to your questions about St Martin / St Maarten