We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prickly Pear or Anguilla?

North Carolina
3 posts
Save Topic
Prickly Pear or Anguilla?

Plan on taking a Catamaran day trip, which is the better destination Prickly Pear or Anguilla? Has anyone sailed aboard the LAMBADA was it a good experience?

We will be traveling with our 3 year old son and I have been looking at that catamaran is it a good choose. It was advertised a good for families.

new york
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Prickly Pear or Anguilla?

sailed the lambada

it was a very good experience

go to anguilla

beautiful beaches

wonderful people

take your dramamine

toronto, canada
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Prickly Pear or Anguilla?

i did this trip. sailed on the 'blue beard' which is a very large catamaran. good experience. sea weather makes you very tired - so when it's time to sail home ... a pillow and blankie would've been appropriate.

bring lots of sunscreen! i remember frying my back and scalp (b/c i had a local braid my hair for me) while snorkelling.

Rose

Calgary, AB
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Prickly Pear or Anguilla?

HI,

I didn't go to Prickly Pear, but would recommend Anguilla. We took the bus to Marigot and then the ferry and had a great time. Very quiet and not busy like St.Maarten.

cheers,

HMP
Cambridge, MA
Level Contributor
271 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Prickly Pear or Anguilla?

We took the Lambada to Prickly Pear in October of 2002 and October of 2003. There is an open bar on the boat and the vibe that follows depends on the crowd that day -- one trip was relatively mild, the other was a definate party boat atmosphere. There weren't any little kids either time -- it was mostly couples. Prickly Pear is a nice trip, but there really is nothing there except the beach, and a small beach restaurant. Quality of snorkeling depends alot on how strong the current is that day. Also, not sure if you are interested in the Lambada for the "sailing" experience. If you are just be aware that the two times we went, they used the engine the entire way there and back because the winds weren't strong enough (I assumed). The sail did go up, but was more for show.

Get answers to your questions about St. Maarten-St. Martin