We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving on Sunday with lots of questions!

Level Contributor
343 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Arriving on Sunday with lots of questions!

Thanks to all who have answered my questions so far. We arrive in St. Martin on Sunday!

What's the best/cheapest options for lunch? We're trying to keep our lunch costs down so that we can afford a couple of nice dinners. We'll be there through Thursday, and right now, I'm planning a day at Happy Bay, a day at Orient, and a day at Pinel Island. I'm not averse to packing something, but don't want to waste time away from the beach unless it's worth leaving.

I also would like to find a great restaurant to experience a sunset, as well as some recommendations for a restaurant in Grand Case.

Do you have any recommendations of things to do/places to go after sunset? We're not partiers, and not prone to stay up late, but would definitely like to check out some live music or find something to do.

Last of all, is there something on the island that I HAVE to experience my first time out? Philipsburg? The market at Marigot?

Thanks again!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
858 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Arriving on Sunday with lots of questions!

The cheapest lunch we have is at the lolos in Grand Case. We prefer No. 6 which is on the right at the very back with the seats on the water. Lunch is less than $10 a person.

I would say skip Phillipsburg unless you are planning on shopping for jewelry or electronics. I don't find much interesting there.

Definitely check out the market in Marigot to look at local crafts.

Some people like to go do the zip line. If you have little kids, the butterfly farm can captivate them.

For dinner in Grand Case, we like Le Pressoir, La Villa, Le Tastevin, Estaminet and Ti Coin Creole. The first four are french and on the higher end of prices. The last is creole (obviously) and moderately priced. The Sunset Cafe in the Grand Case Beach Club is nice to watch the sunset (duh) from.

For a moderately priced really good meal, we never miss Quai Ouest in Oyster Pond.

Don't miss Sarafina's in Marigot. Great bread and pastries and people watching.

We're not party people either. After dinner, we go back to our villa and hang out by the pool and drink more wine so I can't help you on nightlife.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
201 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arriving on Sunday with lots of questions!

Definitely pack a lunch for Pinel as food is expensive there. I recommend stopping at a bakery on the way to pick something up. I also recommend a trip to the beach at Mullet Bay. Rosie's on Mullet has ribs that I believe are $5. In addition to the Grand Case Beach Club for sunset, there is also Calmos Cafe in Grand Case for sunset. Calmos also has live music on Sunday and Thursday evenings. Simpson Bay is a good area for live music at night.

Middletown, New...
Level Contributor
122 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arriving on Sunday with lots of questions!

big fan of this spot for lunch....check my review out

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

I like lee's too in simpson bay....good wood grilled ribs and chicken.

I personally wasn't blown away by the LoLos in grand case. I only went to one and it was OK....just ok.

4. Re: Arriving on Sunday with lots of questions!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, July 14, 2015