We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you upgrade with a timeshare?

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
15 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Can you upgrade with a timeshare?

Has anyone ever upgraded by simply asking when using a timeshare? We are booked in an efficiency at Oyster Bay in March. I would love a one bedroom but is it realistic to think we may beable to upgrade if we ask? Is it as simple as asking or do we flash $$ Thanks

Mansfield, Texas
Level Contributor
1,369 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you upgrade with a timeshare?

Yes, we stayed there two years ago and upgraded from the efficiency to a one bedroom. They charged us $100 for the change.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
97 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you upgrade with a timeshare?

ADTK......we also are booked in an efficiency in March, using a timeshare........should we call now for the upgrade anyone (?) or wait until we get there....we're going mid March.

Thanks!

Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you upgrade with a timeshare?

Bevisbf:

Did you book thru Interval or RCI and then upgraded thru the resort itself?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
382 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can you upgrade with a timeshare?

Please update the forum as to how you upgrade. I am thinking of exchanging into Oyster Bay but I only get offered Effiencies and would love to upgrade. So please let me know how you make out!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
15 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can you upgrade with a timeshare?

I took the efficiency because I wanted to be sure and get something. We might upgrade, we might not. We stayed at the Little Divi on St. Maarten in February. We had an efficiency and were happy with that. We really did not spend much time in our room anyway so I am happy we were able to get the time we wanted and the place.

Texas
Level Contributor
52 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can you upgrade with a timeshare?

How was the efficiency? Did it have a balcony? Refrigerator an coffee maker? Are there restaurants close to Oyster Bay? Did you rent a car? Did you need to? We are exchanging there next June.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
15 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can you upgrade with a timeshare?

I was the original post, so we have not yet stayed at Oyster Bay. Will be there in March. From past experience on St. Maarten, a car is a MUST. Places to eat that are good and not to expensive would be Peg Legs, Banana Petes, Chesterfields. Trips to avoid would be Prickly Pear Island and, although very beautiful, St Barths. VERY expensive. Good luck.

Boynton Beach...
Level Contributor
179 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can you upgrade with a timeshare?

Oyster Bay is in quite an isolated area...there is also quite a bit of building going on there..Dawn Beach is one of the nicest beaches on the island...you will definitely need a car to appreciate the island...it is very difficult if not close to impossible to upgrade a timeshare, and March is very high season.....people buy a size unit in that time of year usually to use it themselves or as a desirable trade with other 1 bedroom timeshares...

9. Re: Can you upgrade with a timeshare?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 pm, August 20, 2009