We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. Maarten suggestions

North Carolina
3 posts
Save Topic
St. Maarten suggestions

We are traveling to St. Maarten in May with our 3 year old son for a week and we could use a few suggestions on extra things to do and see with him. I really would like to take a catamaran excursion with him and would like to know which one is the best with young kids. Also any beach and restraunt suggestions would be helpful. We will be staying at the royal islander club la page.

Mississauga,On
Level Contributor
68 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St. Maarten suggestions

I understand there is quite a nice butterfly farm...somewhere in Phillipsburg.

Have an awesome time!!!

Dan

Whitby, On
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: St. Maarten suggestions

The butterfly farm is on the French side, near Orient beach.

The entry fee is a bit expensive, but you can return several times.

Also, there is a zoo in the Mdam Estates area.

You might wish to try http://www.royal-islander.org and see what Royal Islander has to offer.

I don't know if it is still there, but last April there was an aquatic playground with slides jungle jim type stuff, etc. in Simpson Bay at the Pelican resort. I have no idea who runs it, or what it would cost. Ask at the Pelican marina.

After you clear customs you enter a hall where you collect your baggage. There are usually a number of pamphlets and magazines in the hall with tourist suggestions, coupons, etc.

Mississauga,On
Level Contributor
68 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St. Maarten suggestions

I stand corrected in my orthapedic shoes!!!

Dan

Whitby, On
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: St. Maarten suggestions

Sorry Dan. No offence intended.

I went to the butterfly farm once. It was nice - once. The staff is very knowledgable and friendly. But then again, how many times can you go back? Butterflys tend not to change too much from day to day.