We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanks!!!

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
2,131 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
Thanks!!!

Just returned from my first visit to St Maarten, I read this forum before we left and picked up lots of tips and info...thanks to all. TA is a great site.

Loved the beaches, scenery, Phillipsburg, lucky we went on a day.....where there were no cruise ships, Marigot market, did a snorkel trip to Prickly Pear....what fun!!!

I want to pass on that if anyone loves ribs....the best ribs I ever tasted were at The Palms on Airport Rd....we loved them so much that we went back, Called drunken Ribs ...the Sangria is delicious there too. Greg is the owner, takes the time to talk to people ....it is a family run business so they take pride in their work.

Loved the moyitos at the Moyito Lounge to which is across the road...

Thanks again to all...would love to return!!!!

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,267 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanks!!!

That's why The Palms was voted Best Local Food on the island two years in a row! It's one of our most favorite places on the island.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
2,131 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanks!!!

So glad to hear...they are such a great family. When we went back we took four friends with us and they loved it too. I had the red snapper the second time, and it was fresh and delicious.

It was amazing as was SXM.

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,798 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanks!!!

Hello Canadasunny!

So happy to hear your trip was fun. Sounds like a lovely place to be in February.

Aloha

Teri

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
2,131 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thanks!!!

Yes we plan to return next February...great time!!!

5. Re: Thanks!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, March 11, 2015
Get answers to your questions about St. Maarten-St. Martin