We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel between St. Martin and another close island!

Shakopee, Minnesota
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Travel between St. Martin and another close island!

My brother and I are looking to visit St. Martin around February 18th, 2014 but our travel dates are somewhat flexible. We were wondering where to go if we wanted to stay 1 week in St. Martin and 3 days somewhere else? I understand it's easy to get boat rides to some of the other islands.

What is the best island near St. Martin to stay for 3 nights? What is the form of travel to get there and what is it like? Where should we AVIOD? How much is transportation one way? What do you like best about the island you suggest? Any suggestions on where to stay? We like vacation rentals but hotels are fine too. What is the approximate cost for this lodging for 3 nights? Would you suggest going there for three days BEFORE St. Martin or going to St. Martin for a week first and then going to your favorite island?

I know....lot's of questions!

Thanks so very much for the valuable information!!!

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
6,820 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel between St. Martin and another close island!

The closest island to SXM is Anguilla - 20 minute ferry ride cost about $20US per person each way. The only other island you can reach by boat is St. Barth's - ferry takes about an hour or so and costs around 90 Euros per person round trip. You'd have to fly to reach any other island.

Room prices on all three islands vary greatly depending on the type of accommodations you require - a basic room in a simple guest house away from the beach might cost you $100 to $150/night while a beachfront suite in a very upscale resort could cost you upwards of $2,000 or more per night. You'll have to do some first hand research to see what you can get for whatever budget you have.

Minnetrista...
Level Contributor
272 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel between St. Martin and another close island!

Lori N

Feel free to private message me with any questions you have about Anguilla. It's definately the place you want to visit. I'm from Minnetrista MN and would be happy to help with details.

Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel between St. Martin and another close island!

Toni, I'm

Interested in hitting Anguilla in 2 weeks when I get to St Maarten...we are over in Maho

Auburn Washington
Destination Expert
for St. Maarten-St. Martin
Level Contributor
4,159 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel between St. Martin and another close island!

Saba is also accessible by boat.

chicago
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel between St. Martin and another close island!

Toni:

We too are going to St Martin week of Oct. 28th and interested in a day trip to Anguilla....

We are in our late 50's, so just a relaxing day would be the agenda.Should we take the ferry, or go with one of the charters? What is there to do there...Any suggestions would be appreicated

6. Re: Travel between St. Martin and another close island!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 22, 2014
Get answers to your questions about St. Maarten-St. Martin