We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

America's Cup yacht race

Waukesha, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
America's Cup yacht race

We will be cruising to St. Maarten in November and are curious regarding the America's cup. Has anyone from a cruise ship booked direct with the company? We have read some older reviews and it appears that cruise ship passengers are getting charged more than those staying on the island. From what I have read it looks like a great excursion. Is this also only 30 minutes long? Their website says to book through their ship or through your hotel.

NH
Level Contributor
13 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: America's Cup yacht race

We were staying in St Maarten and hooked up with my brother who was on cruise and did the Amercia Cup challenge. We went through their web site and paid substantially less then my brother did via the cruise line. The schedule for the boats is around the cruise ship schedule so no chance of you getting back late to your ship. The excursion dock is within walking distance of the cruise ship docks. Certainly more then 30 min long by the way. Plan on 2-3 hours. You're at the mercy of the wind as far as the race course. It's a good excursion and very participatory. Have fun!

2. Re: America's Cup yacht race

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, September 05, 2014
Get answers to your questions about St Martin / St Maarten