We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Anguilla

New York
Level Contributor
53 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in Anguilla

We are staying in SXM for 6 days in August and would like to spend and additional 2 in Anguilla. The trip is really adding up so Cuisinart is out of the question. Also, we have heard Rendevous Bay Hotel is great but it's closed for the month of August. The next best suggestion I've read in the forum is Carimar. Unfortunately I have also read thet there is no A/C and the window units available for rent do not make a dent in such hot weather. Also, I've read a car is a must in Anguilla but we will already have rented one in SXM. Should we start a new rental contract or does anyone know if it possible to ferry the car over? Also, if we must rent a different car on Anguilla, are there plenty of tranportation options from the ferry to the airport? We will be leaving the moment we return from Anguilla. If anyone has some suggestions............Thanks!

West Chester Pa
Level Contributor
422 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Anguilla

My first choice would be Cuisinart, but it's pretty expensive. If you can't do this, stay on Meade's Bay somewhere. It is just a spectacular beach and is perfect for a honeymoon. I still think that I would take a chance on Carimar. It's a good hotel in a terrific location. If you're there for only 2 days, how uncomfortable can it get? Meade's is just about the best beach in the Caribbean. Some people say Shoal Bay East is better, but I don't think so. Just my opinion!!!

ontario, canada
Level Contributor
302 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Anguilla

There is a fine choice of good priced places on Shoal Bay East. Try looking at Allamanda Beach Club, Elodias, Ku , Mederiaman to name a few. The beach is the most spectacular beach you could imagine. It is just like the pictures you will see on line. There are places to eat on the beach or cook in your unit so a car isn't as needed as some might suggest. We just took a cab when we needed it. By all means...enjoy this island. Great food, beautiful beaches and lovely people.

3. Re: Where to stay in Anguilla

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:23 am, August 12, 2009
Get answers to your questions about St. Maarten-St. Martin