We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dawn beach "topless allowed"?

Newburgh, New York
Level Contributor
101 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
dawn beach "topless allowed"?

My husband and I are seasoned travelers to the Caribbean, this year we will be staying at oyster bay beach resort, on the Dutch side of st. Maarten; And I just wanted ti know,if it will be ok for me to go topless on Dawn beach. I don't want it to be an issue, if I take my top off.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,521 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dawn beach "topless allowed"?

Have been there twice over the past 5 years and my wife has gone topless many a times on Dawn Beach....not a problem

Newburgh, New York
Level Contributor
101 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dawn beach "topless allowed"?

Thank u so much for your input. I just didn't want to be the "odd duck";-). I just can't stand to tan with a top on, don't like the tan lines too much. Thanks again!!!

Newburgh, New York
Level Contributor
101 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dawn beach "topless allowed"?

Thank u so much for your input. I just didn't want to be the "odd duck";-). I just can't stand to tan with a top on, don't like the tan lines too much. Thanks again!!!

Newburgh, New York
Level Contributor
101 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: dawn beach "topless allowed"?

Caracas
Level Contributor
700 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: dawn beach "topless allowed"?

As far as I know, topless are not allowed on dutch side.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,521 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: dawn beach "topless allowed"?

Well allowed or not reality is that it happens on Dawn Beach.

USA
Level Contributor
201 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: dawn beach "topless allowed"?

I am (still) under the impression that topless is allowed everywhere on the island....

Toms River, New...
Level Contributor
197 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: dawn beach "topless allowed"?

Topless is common on Dawn Beach.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
304 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: dawn beach "topless allowed"?

i go topless all the time. why should it be different for women ??

my wife has gone topless on all kinds of beaches on the island and never had an issue. nude may be another story. we have been nude at orient, long bay, cupecuoy, and happy bay. no issues so far......

10. Re: dawn beach "topless allowed"?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, May 03, 2014
Get answers to your questions about St. Maarten-St. Martin