We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxury hotel in st Martin exist??? Need to book ASAP

3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Luxury hotel in st Martin exist??? Need to book ASAP

My husband and I are looking for a hotel

In st Martin, before our 3 day stay at Eden roc in st Bart's. we never been to either before, and from what I hear and the price we are paying I think we are alright with st Bart's. but st Martin??? WTF? Is there any luxury resorts? Not interested in a villa. Just a nice hotel that's not outdated etc etc...want to be near the actions restaurants etc, we are a young couple. Pls help our flight is this Friday and I can't find anything suitable.

St Martin / St...
Destination Expert
for St Martin / St Maarten, Philipsburg
Level Contributor
2,909 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luxury hotel in st Martin exist??? Need to book ASAP

lasamanna.com/web/omar/la_samanna_resort.jsp

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
7,123 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luxury hotel in st Martin exist??? Need to book ASAP

La Samanna is the most upscale resort on the island, however, we were very disappointed with the level of service provided by the staff who we found to be uncaring. We were virtually ignored by the restaurant staff, especially at dinner. IMO, this resort has been resting on it's laurels far too long.

New York
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luxury hotel in st Martin exist??? Need to book ASAP

Can't answer your one question, but we did take a day trip over to St. Jeans beach and loved it! The whole island is really nice!

Cannes, France
Level Contributor
64 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luxury hotel in st Martin exist??? Need to book ASAP

As previous posters indicated, the most luxurious hotel in SXM is La Samanna. It is the only one which aims for the same market as Saint Barth. I have never stayed there.

If you are only there for a few days, and if it suits you, you should consider trying Club Orient clothing optional resort. It is no frills but very luxurious at the same time, complete back to nature experience.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,465 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luxury hotel in st Martin exist??? Need to book ASAP

http://www.lepetithotel.com/

http://www.lesplanade.com/

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luxury hotel in st Martin exist??? Need to book ASAP

I came across the same issue when researching St. Martin. La Samanna seemd to be the only real high end resort on the island. Everything else seemed mediocre and dated. Frome everything i gather, this island may not be the best for large, luxury resorts. Thats why I ended up booking with Le Karibuni Lodge- a very small, upscale, boutique inn. http://www.lekaribuni.com/en/ Beautiful views, great service- check the reviews on tripadvisor- there isn't one bad thing said about it.

There seems to be an abundance of these high end B & B's on the french side- Le Petit, Le Esplanade, Love Hotel, Karibuni- and they seem to be they way to go vs the mediocre reviews of the larger chain hotel resorts on the Dutch side, where they get overrun with cruise ship traffic.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
653 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Luxury hotel in st Martin exist??? Need to book ASAP

From the exorbitant prices of this hotel and similarly situated "luxury" hotels, I think it's far superior to rent a luxury condo direct from owner where you can avoid taxes in certain instances altogether.

Bob from NY I sent you an email message thru tripadvisor concerning same in the event you haven't yet booked. From the price and look of La Semanna, I believe a luxury rental in a condo/hotel place is far superior from a value perspective, but, of course, it's a bit of do it yourself, but from my experience on other islands (not St. Maarten), service usually is almost do it yourself anyway.

8. Re: Luxury hotel in st Martin exist??? Need to book ASAP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, April 12, 2014