We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Martin to Saba for a day trip, do you think it's worth it

St Martin to Saba for a day trip, do you think it's worth it

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 4:19 pm, February 10, 2019
New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,463 posts
8 reviews
11 helpful votes
1. Re: St Martin to Saba for a day trip, do you think it's worth it

It's certainly worth it! Saba is beautiful but there are no beaches only a small one that "pops up" once a year. Hiking is a definate plus. Flying is the quickest way (and really unforgetable!) There are also ferries but I would fly.

2. Re: St Martin to Saba for a day trip, do you think it's worth it

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 4:19 pm, February 10, 2019
New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,463 posts
8 reviews
11 helpful votes
3. Re: St Martin to Saba for a day trip, do you think it's worth it

We flew on Winair. I'm not sure but I don't believe there are any others. Someone may chime in here with more info. Have fun!

Maine
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: St Martin to Saba for a day trip, do you think it's worth it

I've been in 2011 and it was well worth the trip.

Quite laid back.

Three villages: The Top, The Middle, The Bottom.

No beaches, but if you scuba dive they say it's wonderful.

I flew, the sea out to Saba can be rough, but a ferry does go out.

If you fly, it's airport is one of the world's shortest runways.

Quite an experience.

Good luck and enjoy!

Maine
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: St Martin to Saba for a day trip, do you think it's worth it

Win Air and Liat are about all that land out there.

Bring your passport and eat around the Top village. Food is very good.

The taxi is usually available when you land.

Berkshire, United...
Level Contributor
44,218 posts
107 reviews
438 helpful votes
6. Re: St Martin to Saba for a day trip, do you think it's worth it

We went on a day trip about 4 years ago, and it was a great experience, totally recommended.

Ps Only Winair is allowed to fly to Saba, Liat's planes are too big.

Northampton...
Level Contributor
15 posts
18 reviews
26 helpful votes
7. Re: St Martin to Saba for a day trip, do you think it's worth it

We took the boat -The Edge- from the Pelican Resort area (?). Your hotel can advise. It was $90

Round trip (2011). The ride itself was worth every penny. Taxi/tours vans will be at the port. The

driver will drop you off at the start of the Mt Scenic trail. A delightful restaurant was a short walk from there

(Scout's Place?). The driver will pick you back up at a designated time and place and continue the tour.

I think we gave the driver $20 for each of us. Yes, we are really glad we made the effort...Saba is

magical....

New Jersey
Level Contributor
390 posts
93 reviews
67 helpful votes
8. Re: St Martin to Saba for a day trip, do you think it's worth it

Fly in via WinAir- like landing on an aircraft carrier! When arranging your flight at the WinAir office, ask someone there to have a cab driver waiting at the Saba airport for you. We had a wonderful woman, Joanna, who toured us all over with her van. Plenty of sights to see. There is a very organized trail network (you do need to purchase a permit). Nice places to eat. We ate lunch at Ecolodge, near the top of rainforest.

The whole visit- like no place on earth! An amazing island! Check out island website for many details.

Holstebro, Denmark
Level Contributor
32 posts
9. Re: St Martin to Saba for a day trip, do you think it's worth it

I've concidering going to Saba to try the "aircraft carrier" landing and takeoff, and do a quick sightseeing/photo trip of the Island. How long will a tour of the Island take if I take a tour with ie. Joanna? And I'm not going to hike since my legs are not up to it, just want to take some pictures from different "photo spots" perhaps enjoy a lunch and then go back to St.Maarten. And how much is a tour (price)?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
390 posts
93 reviews
67 helpful votes
10. Re: St Martin to Saba for a day trip, do you think it's worth it

Most folks in SXM will know/be related to someone on Saba. You can inquire at the WinAir office adjacent to the airport (not the WinAir agency window in the airport). A few years ago, the price we paid was very reasonable for 4 of us, although I don't recall amount. If someone doesn't know Joanna, they likely will have a friend who will meet you at the airport. The office/customs/snack bar at Saba airport is tiny, but efficient, and cab driver(s) will be just outside waiting for you. Check out the official website: www.Sabatourism.com

for a wealth of info. Island is very scenic, and safe. You cannot, nor would you want to drive here, a task best left to a local! We had breakfast at Stouts (?) and lunch at Ecolodge. Both quite good.