We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling between Dutch and French Side

Pickering, Canada
Level Contributor
143 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
travelling between Dutch and French Side

This may seem like a silly question but I'd rather find out the easy way. Are we required to have our passports with us when travelling between the French and Dutch sides?

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,866 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travelling between Dutch and French Side

No, the border is open in both directions, no immigration or customs stops. Keep your passport in the room or hotel safe.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,866 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travelling between Dutch and French Side

HINT: Make copies of your passports, keep them in a safe place other than were you keep your original passports, in your luggage, carry a copy with you although it is really not necessary as long as you have your drivers license when driving.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travelling between Dutch and French Side

It's just like going from Pickering to Ajax and passing the "Welcome to ...." sign. Enjoy your trip.

Pickering, Canada
Level Contributor
143 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travelling between Dutch and French Side

lol Piratepirate. Ok then. I'll just grab some cash and go. Thank you both for your replies.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travelling between Dutch and French Side

I've sent you a pm.

6. Re: travelling between Dutch and French Side

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 26, 2014
Get answers to your questions about St. Maarten-St. Martin