We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather for next weekend trip

Providence, RI
9 posts
Save Topic
Weather for next weekend trip

Hello-

I am taking my wife to St. Martin for her birthday next weekend. Neither of us have ever been to the Caribbean before and I understand that this is considered the rainy season. Taking a look at the weather forecast shows "Rain, high 86" day to day to day between now and next weekend.

So my question is, what is the rain like? Does it rain at the same time every day for a certain length (like some places in Mexico) or is it an all day kind of rain?

Just trying to get an idea of what to expect.

Thanks!!

St. maarten
Level Contributor
737 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather for next weekend trip

There is always a chance of brief rain showers (20 min) in the summer but the last few days have been nearly perfect. It is hot and humid but also sunny. Every once in a while a large front comes through and we get rain for a few days in a row but that is rare.

St. Martin gets more rain than some other islands because the clouds are forced up by the mountains and it rains.

Providence, RI
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather for next weekend trip

Thanks, that helps. I was hoping it wasn't an all day type thing!!

3. Re: Weather for next weekend trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, August 13, 2009