We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. Martins for a honeymoon

Quincy, Florida
Level Contributor
11 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
St. Martins for a honeymoon

My grandson is getting married in June, 2006, and our gift to them will be their honeymoon. They want to go to a "beach" and be able to sun bathe, and see the beautiful water. I have heard St. Martins was a wonderful place, but am concerned about a 23-21 year old couple who haven't done much traveling alone. Any thoughts, suggestions, other ideas. I have over a year to plan this, but I want it to be as nice as possible.

Thanks,

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,082 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St. Martins for a honeymoon

Your grandson and his bride will love St Maarten/St Martin. There are about 37 beautiful beaches. Wonderful dining. Plenty of night life if they want. And lots of romance for all ages. They can make any kind of honeymoon they want. relaxed or exciting.

The best part of the island is the two cultures and the exceptional friendliness of the people. Safety is not a concern.

NJ
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: St. Martins for a honeymoon

My family has been going to SXM (St Martin) For over 30 years. We own down there also. I am 28 and have been going since I was 18 and now with my wife we love it. Sonnesta in Maho would be your best bet for them to stay. Have them rent a car. Many beach to go to some of the best in the world. If they do they have to make the drive to Orient Beach great beach. About a 1/2 hour drive. Or they can get a taxi from the hotel. One of the friendliest islands. Can go on and on. Hope this could help. If you have more questions post or email me at domino_4now@yahoo.com

Good Luck

Dominick

Ottawa, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: St. Martins for a honeymoon

We just went to the Maho area for our Honeymoon in July 2004. It was an absolute dream. We waited until the last minute (3 weeks) and got an all-inclusive deal for 950 taxes in from Toronto, Ontario. We didn't rent a car because the Maho Beach resort had days trips that we could go on included in our package to Orient Bay and Philipsburg. We pretty much layed out at Mullet Bay for the entire trip. It was the BEST part of the entire wedding. We were 23 and 25 at the time and we're not big partyers. We also got meals included in our all-inclusive to 7 of the area restaurants so it was a really super deal.