We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

suggestions appreciated for condo rental

San Diego
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
suggestions appreciated for condo rental

would greatly appreciate a 2 bedroom condo reccommendation in the carribean. What I am looking for: Price - if possible under $300 per night. Near restaurants and beaches (walking distance). Interested in good food but not neccessarily a party atmosphere. Friendly locals. Relaxing atmosphere/tranquil but not isolated/remote. Parents in there 60's and two children (late 20's)flying in from New York and remaining child 35 flying in from San Diego. I would like to exclude some islands: the ABC islands, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Jamaica, the U S Virgin Islands. Time rame is late February into early March. Yes - I am looking but a bit overwhelmed and looking to be pointed in the right direction. All suggestions greatly appreciated!

richmond, va
Level Contributor
128 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: suggestions appreciated for condo rental

St Martin - Try Oceans Edge Condo's . .right on the beach, reasonable rates, and nice people running it . .near the restaurants but no near the noise of the bars.

columbia,maryland
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: suggestions appreciated for condo rental

Just a thought maybe a villa would be a good option.

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
110 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: suggestions appreciated for condo rental

Saint-Martin in Grand-Case, La California on the Beach has a nice two bedroom directly on the beach with a large balcony.

Grand-Case is a very quiet little town with the best restaurants.

Everything is within walking distance.

I used to go there whenever I needed peace and quiet and rest on the beach.

Best,

Sylviane

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
110 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: suggestions appreciated for condo rental

I forgot, La California website is: www.california-saint-martin.com, you will see the photos of the two bedroom and rates on their site.

Sylviane

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
110 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: suggestions appreciated for condo rental

My bad: La California website is: www.california-st-martin.com

Sylviane

San Diego
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: suggestions appreciated for condo rental

Thank you all - thank you especially Sylviane - this is my best lead and I am going to follow up on it immediately!

Tulsa, OK.
Level Contributor
38 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: suggestions appreciated for condo rental

Just stayed at La California. It was a nice spot and we really had fun. This isn't a luxury place but it is clean and has an awesome balcony overlooking the beach. Also, the owner has a few other places on her site. I know there is another spot sunseas l'atlantide down the beach in grande case that looked really nice. Didn't see the inside but it really looked well-maintained.

L'Atlantide

St Martin, GuadeloupePhone: +590 (0) 590 870 980

StarStarStar

Single Bed and Breakfast from $ 100.00 to $ 130.00

Double /Twin Bed and Breakfast from

$ 145.00 to $ 175.00 per room

* Air conditioning

* Conference facilities

* Credit cards accepted

* Safe for valuables

* Secretary service

* Phone

* Color television

Ottawa
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: suggestions appreciated for condo rental

Hey Daisyblue,

Does California take nightly guests or is it just weekly?

Joan from Ottawa

Tulsa, OK.
Level Contributor
38 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: suggestions appreciated for condo rental

OOPs, I looked at La california site and realized the nice place I saw was the Pavillion...Zu Zu(the owner) has a place at the Pavillion as well. I am not sure if she rents by the night. I know there are several apts. that face the street, those might be available for nightly rental. Zu zu has internet in the restaurant and I think checks it regularly, ask and she will get back to you!