We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can a cruise ship passenger reasonably go to Anguilla?

Michigan
Level Contributor
76 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Can a cruise ship passenger reasonably go to Anguilla?

Seeing gorgeous photos of Rendezvous Bay on Anguilla and Shoal Bay East ... wondering how far this is from St Martin.

We are in port from 8am (Eastern Time Zone) and need to back by the ship at 4pm Eastern.

Are there charters that run out there? Cost? Time frequency ?

Or do people rent private charters?

3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Can a cruise ship passenger reasonably go to Anguilla?

That would be a tight schedule unless you charter a boat. Ferries to Anguilla take 45 min then you go through customs then will need a 20 min taxi drive to beach.

If your ship offers an excursion there it will be $$ but would guarantee you make your ship

Peoria, Illinois
Level Contributor
89 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can a cruise ship passenger reasonably go to Anguilla?

Having made a day trip from SXM to Anguilla this week, I would encourage you to rethink your idea. Yes, there are a few nice beaches on Anguilla, but there are more on SXM and you won't have to spend all day catching ferries and rushing around. We are glad we went to Anguilla for the day, but afterwards we felt strongly that we didn't need to go back.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,356 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can a cruise ship passenger reasonably go to Anguilla?

It's not a relaxing day - you will be on the go from dawn to dusk and it can be expensive - probably best to save it for a time when you are on the island for a stay and spend your day at one of our beaches - enjoy a nice lunch - maybe window shop in town later in the day.

But...yes..you can do it....

Michigan
Level Contributor
76 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can a cruise ship passenger reasonably go to Anguilla?

Thank you - that's what I was wondering. I don't want a rushed hectic day spent traveling.

I'm thinking shopping in Marigot early and go to Mullet after.

5. Re: Can a cruise ship passenger reasonably go to Anguilla?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 14, 2014