We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a nice hotel for springbreak.

chicago
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Looking for a nice hotel for springbreak.

Looking for a NICE well located hotel for spring break. Mom's heading down with daughters.....ages 18 to 20. Looking for a hotel that is well located in terms of safety and location for the girls to get around on their own without a car and for the moms to stay back and relax. Any recommendations would be apprecaited.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,483 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a nice hotel for springbreak.

Simpson Bay:

Royal Palm

Atrium

Simpson Bay resort

Flamingo

Boston...
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a nice hotel for springbreak.

Having come for Spring Break for many visits with my parents living on island I would recommend only Simpson Bay Area or Maho area. Both are safe walking distance to great bars, live music and good restaurants. Plus you can easily cab from one to the other late at night in about 10 minutes. Maho has 3-4 great spots at night but more formal night scene where Simpson Bay is more known for beach bars and live music scene.

I would agree with first post as any of those spots are great as you can get a 1 or 2 bedroom which gives you space. They aren't the Westin but for fun, relaxation and great food it's your best bet. I would recommend renting a car for the day time if you are there for a week as its cheap and so much to see on the island.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
34 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a nice hotel for springbreak.

We just spent a week at ROYAL PALM and almost never used our rental car (there is Hertz on site though if you want to get a car for 1 - 2 days to travel around the island). Some folks who stayed at ATRIUM told us "don't (stay there). Royal Palm is right on the main drag itself (vs Simpson Bay and Flamingo which are a bit down another road off that main drag) and we did easily walk to several restaurants. Cab to Maho area should cost about $8 (same for airport .....) Royal Palm has large units (2/2) and all face the ocean.

chicago
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a nice hotel for springbreak.

Thank you very much for your responses. I very much appreciate it!

5. Re: Looking for a nice hotel for springbreak.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, November 12, 2013