We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any feedback on Thrifty car rental (airport)?..Thanks!

Washington D.C.
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Any feedback on Thrifty car rental (airport)?..Thanks!

eom

Westchester, New...
Level Contributor
596 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any feedback on Thrifty car rental (airport)?..Thanks!

I would like feedback on Thrifty also.......anyone.....

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,215 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any feedback on Thrifty car rental (airport)?..Thanks!

Since no one who has used them I'll respond. I have no first hand experience, but reviews I have read are about 50:50 pro and con.

On SXM, you will typically get better prices and service from the local companies rather than the "chains".

Sioux Falls, SD
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any feedback on Thrifty car rental (airport)?..Thanks!

We just got back from SXM on Monday. We went with friends and rented from Thrifty. We were picked up promptly from the airport and taken to their location (about a mile). The sign-in took about 10 minutes, not too bad, but they were short on cars and we had to wait for them to wash a couple. That took about a half hour.

The cars were decent and ran well. Pretty basic. On our last day, we dropped our families at the airport and returned the cars to Thrifty. The return went very smoothly, about 10 minutes. Then they brought us right to the airport in one of the cars we rented. We more than likely will use them again. Have fun!

Washington D.C.
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Any feedback on Thrifty car rental (airport)?..Thanks!

Thank you for responding. Do rental companies offer some type of insurance for personal possessions inside the car? If so, do you know how much it is? I know not to leave anything inside the car...but just in case :)

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,215 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any feedback on Thrifty car rental (airport)?..Thanks!

Have never heard of it. Just collision and liability, same as home.

Washington D.C.
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Any feedback on Thrifty car rental (airport)?..Thanks!

thats what that AMEX insurance for $24.99 has. I was trying to figure out if it makes sense to get it or not. The only thing that i can think of leaving in the car is snorkeling equipment. How prevelant are breakins on the french side?

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,215 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any feedback on Thrifty car rental (airport)?..Thanks!

No different than Dutch side. Just don't leave anything in the car.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
548 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any feedback on Thrifty car rental (airport)?..Thanks!

I've also used Thrify's a couple of times and have had no problems, I would recommend them forsure. I booked ahead and got a good rate, especially in off peak season.