We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday in July/August?

Italy
5 posts
Save Topic
Holiday in July/August?

Has anybody maken experiences by staying on St. Maarten/St. Martin in July/August-period?

Sure, it is quieter and cheaper than in other periods of the year. But what about the weather and hurrican situation then?

Thanks for an answer!

Greetings from Italy!!! :-)

Mentioned in this post
Saint-Martin
Saint-Martin
St Martin / St Maarten
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
23 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday in July/August?

I have been to St. Martin during the month of July and other than the humidity and brief afternoon showers (between 5 and 15 minutes) , it is virtually the same as the winter season except there are no crowds. I actually prefer SXM during the summer season. It is a bit hotter, the water is warmer, and there is never a wait any of the great restaurants in Grand Case. In terms of hurricanes, I have never experienced a hurricane in St. Martin during the month of July, but that does not mean that it could not happen. Hurruicanes can occur during any of the summer months. However, the time to worry about a hurricane on SXM is generally September and October, from what I have been told by people who live there year round. I hope that this helped.

Mentioned in this post
Saint-Martin
Saint-Martin
St Martin / St Maarten
Grand Case
Grand Case
St Martin / St Maarten