We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mercure Simson Beach 5 Star Food 5 Star Staff

Arctic Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,939 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Mercure Simson Beach 5 Star Food 5 Star Staff

Just posted my Review of this resort with 9 pictures here it is but should be up in a few days.....

Safe Travels....Jimmy

What a Gem this Canadian Owned Resort is!!!

The wife and i just got back from this resort and had a Wonderful and RELAXED week...

The Room: Fresh and just painted very clean kichenette was an added bonus wife loved to sit out there and read but if you brought along an coffee machine or wanted cold pop or beer the fridge was there and always cold..Maid service was top notch always cleaned by 11am....Att. these woman work hard please leave a little tip for them..

"Staff:" First class always friendly ..I would like to thank AnaBelle who runs Beverages the wife and i don't drink alcohol and she mad sure we could change to 8 non alcoholic drinks a day each...Than You!!!

"The Restaraunt Staff: " Fantastic!!! very hard workers always trying to get your drinks and food as quick as possible....The resaraunt overlooking the bay is so romantic the pictures do not do it justice...

A specail Thank You to the staff @ the restarant Saturday March 25th 6:30 pm ...A bunch of us Canadians were getting picked up @ 8pm and they made sure we all got Dinner, Desert and Coffee....A job well done Girls and Guys....Thank You...

"The Restaraunt:" The food is of 'Parisan Bistro' quality pictures of this in my review...A special Thank You to the Cooks and Chef @ Mecrcure Simson...

The pool was always clean and the grounds well kept seems like they are painting the exterior and interior of the buildings...

If you are looking for a resort with LOUD Booming music and beer drinking contests ..This place is not for you go to the D.R....It is very quiet low keyed and very relaxing...The wife and i went home refreshed... Oh Ya and very FULL..

"The Beach:" White sand and clean but could use a few more garbage pales by the beach seen the one over flowing a few days...You are on the bay side so the water does have green seaweed in it but no problem for the wife and i she swam in the bay evey day and if we go back will bring her mask and snorkel...Lots of shade from the palm trees and the Hammocks are an added bonus here really did make this beach...

Thank You for a great week...

Jim Charuk and Joan Gallagher

Windsor Ontario Canada

Brampton, On
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Mercure Simson Beach 5 Star Food 5 Star Staff

Hi Jimmy Sea;

Thanks so much for the information.I am just now narrowing down my hotel choices and was somewhat reluctant to book this resort because of it not being a beach front property. Some of the reviews indicate that the lagoon is not really ideal for swimming. How close is the nearest beach from the hotel and have you stayed at any other hotels on the island? Would really appreciate any feedback you could give as I do want to book my trip within the next week.

Thanks,

Happy Smurf

Arctic Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,939 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mercure Simson Beach 5 Star Food 5 Star Staff

"HappySmurf" Baie Rouge beach is about 10 to 15 minute walk from the hotel go out the front lobby and hang a left, you have to walk along the road to a white hut...This is a nice beach but chairs are $ 5.00 each for the day and same price for the umbrellas...There is a beach bar there also so you can get food and drinks if you want..

This was our first time in St. Martins but would stay here in a heartbeat again..You can get a rental car in the hotel lobby for around $40.00 USD a day and drive to any of the other beaches on the island..

Hope this helps...Safe Travels....Jimmy

Brampton, On
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Mercure Simson Beach 5 Star Food 5 Star Staff

Hi Jimmy Sea!

Thanks for the feedback. It always helps to get first hand info from people who have tried out the resorts.

Thanks,

HappySmurf