We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

162 Oyster Pond Rd or La Perla St. Maarten

Boston...
1 post
Save Topic
162 Oyster Pond Rd or La Perla St. Maarten

Has anyone stayed at 162 Oyster Pond Road on Dawn beach in the last 6 months?

i am going there in the few week and wanted some information.

Windsor, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
41. Re: 162 Oyster Pond Rd or La Perla St. Maarten

well how did it go we are booked for feb 16th very nervous

New Orleans...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
42. Re: 162 Oyster Pond Rd or La Perla St. Maarten

Just reading all these posts. We stayed on this property in August 2012. Our experience, while not all good, was not as bad as what I have read here. First off we were booked at #78 Dawn Beach, another property owned by John G. When we arrived late in the evening and the caretaker stopped at this property (La Perla?? not sure anymore..lol) we were upset having stayed at #78 back in its glory days.... Anyway, we stayed and the stay was ok... if not good. The pool was excellent the entire time. The Alarm system worked..

On the downside, their is NO AC in the house only in the bedrooms. The Annex, while working, was not adequate. We were fortunate in that there were only 2 couples. We stayed up the stairs on the outside of the main building. The AC was fine.. in fact got cold at night. Our friends stayed in the house... Same.. The AC was fine. Now the rest of the house is unusable most of the time as it is just too hot after 9 am

From the posts after our stay in August it seems like maybe it has deteriorated.... but our stay was acceptable

Comber, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
Save Reply
43. Re: 162 Oyster Pond Rd or La Perla St. Maarten

Could you please contact me if you have gotten anywhere with getting your money back, we had rented the house in Feb. and paid in full then cancelled because of the reveiws read from T.A. We went to St.Maartens and went to see the house and we were so happy we made the right decision not to stay there but now we have to deal with John and Carrie to get our money back. I was just wondering how things are going with you, thanks Mary

Boston
1 post
Save Reply
44. Re: 162 Oyster Pond Rd or La Perla St. Maarten

Hi, we have a week booked at this property. Can you tell me how you week at this property was.

Thank you

Chicago
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: 162 Oyster Pond Rd or La Perla St. Maarten

Hi, did you go and if so can you let us know your feedback?

Thanks,

maine
2 posts
Save Reply
46. Re: 162 Oyster Pond Rd or La Perla St. Maarten

I wish we had seen these reviews before we went...what a beautiful property that is in desperate need of major TLC...water damage EVERYWHERE...the house smells and leaks, pealing paint in every room, crawling with tiny ants. The pool and deck is where we spent most of the week. The owners make this place sound like it is some luxurious getaway, but it is a terrible. It COULD be great, but it is not!

47. Re: 162 Oyster Pond Rd or La Perla St. Maarten

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:39 pm, June 09, 2013
Langhorne...
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: 162 Oyster Pond Rd or La Perla St. Maarten

we booked this for July please tell me its better?

maine
2 posts
Save Reply
49. Re: 162 Oyster Pond Rd or La Perla St. Maarten

You should cancel!

BRANTFORD
Level Contributor
1 post
28 reviews
Save Reply
50. Re: 162 Oyster Pond Rd or La Perla St. Maarten

We did the same thing and have had no luck getting any money back