We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oyster Bay in June

kansas city
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Oyster Bay in June

SXMLover you seem to be the expert on st.martin any fishing charters you would recomend? Also looking to rent a boat for a day any ideas?

Thank you for any suggestions you might have and any other good information about oyster bay beach resort

Kingman, Arizona
Level Contributor
311 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oyster Bay in June

I stayed at OBBR the past three Junes. If you have any questions, fire away.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,401 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oyster Bay in June

Certainly not an expert, but visit alot and read alot.

Have not personally done it, but the fishing charter that gets the best reviews is at Lee's in Simpson Bay http://www.leesfish.com/

As far as renting a boat, there is a pretty big marina at Oyster Bay, I would expect someone at the resort could hook you up with a rental.

Don't know much about the resort itself, other than it gets very good reviews. We happened to stay on the other side of Oyster Pond in February and really liked the area. Our best find was the Dingy Dock Bar, right on Oyster Pond at Capt Olivers Marina. I believe there is a water taxi that will take you there from your resort. Excellent food - cheap! A rib dinner for $10! Several creole and fish meals on the menu. Most expensive was about $14 for dinner. Happy hour $1 beers and mix your own cocktails. Great service and met great folks. $1 = 1 Euro (it's on the French side of the pond)

Also enjoyed Tabba Khady Restaurant - although a little out of our price range. Dinner for 2 $100.

We didn't make it to La Frigate, but heard wonderful reviews and it's not expensive.

There is a little shop called the Epicure where you can pick up incidentals and has wonderful fresh baked goods every day.

Sorry, that's about all I know about the Oyster Pond/Bay area! If you have other questions, ask away - we'll try to find the answers for you.

kansas city
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Oyster Bay in June

thank you both for your replies! As far as the resort goes, how is the food on-site? Also seems to be alot of people talking about charges for AC. That's ok with me if it's true. On that note what can we expect weather wise in june?

Thanks Again!

Kingman, Arizona
Level Contributor
311 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oyster Bay in June

Yes, they charge an energy surcharge: $7 per day for a 1 bedroom, $12 per day for a 2 bedroom. On top of that is the $50 timeshare tax. Food on-sire ranges from good to excellent. Beau Beau's is very good and the prices are reasonable. Jade has a reputation for expensive- food has had mixed reviews over the years, but I have heard that it has been better lately (new management?). Daniel's place (Mr. Busby's) is on Dawn Beach and has always done us well. There are some excellent restaurants in the Oyster Pond area. Will you have a car? When will you be there? We are staying in the Oyster Pond area from 6/10- 6/24.

Kevin

kansas city
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Oyster Bay in June

Yes we will be renting a car. We will be there 6/3 thru 6/10! one week off!! sounds like it should be a great trip this will be our first time to the island. If you have any can't miss things to do or see let me know.

Get answers to your questions about St. Maarten-St. Martin