We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dutch St Maarten Taxi Association - Island Highlights Tour

Suffolk
Level Contributor
71 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Dutch St Maarten Taxi Association - Island Highlights Tour

Can anyone recommend this tour and/or the company? A recent post suggests that they don't get back to you and we are still waiting for a reply...

What would be an alternative? We want to get a feel for the island on a whistle stop tour, maybe stop for a bit of shopping but spend most of the time on a beach (we only have one day, cruise stop).

Mayo beach is a must for us - is that a good beach anyway, or is it just the planes that make it worth a visit?

Hiring a car for the day is another idea but I was a bit worried about the traffic comments as I have a fear of missing the boat!!

Any help much appreciated.

Caribbean Paddling
Sightseeing Tours, Water Sports, Gear Rentals, Kayaking & Canoeing, Stand-Up Paddleboarding
Voyager
Ferries, Sightseeing Tours
Tropical Boat
Scuba & Snorkeling, Boat Tours, Water Sports, Boat Rentals, Sightseeing Tours
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
139 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dutch St Maarten Taxi Association - Island Highlights Tour

contact joyce prince for the very best of service joycepersonalservices@gmail.com

Edited: 7:45 am, November 16, 2011
Ohio
Level Contributor
889 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dutch St Maarten Taxi Association - Island Highlights Tour

Maho beach is pretty minimal, not a great beach for spending the day at especially in comparison to the many great beaches on SXM. It really is about the planes. Joyce Prince is a great recommendation for making arrangements.

Fredericton,N.B.
Level Contributor
1 post
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dutch St Maarten Taxi Association - Island Highlights Tour

My wife and I just recently returned from St Maarten( early Feb) and booked with this tour company when we got off the ship. There were 8 of us in the van and would not recommend at all. While we did tour the island , the guide was not very informative at all , too the point it was even hard to get him to speak. I sat in the front with him and he barely answered my questions at all . On our cruise we took several tours of various islands and this by far was the most disappointing . He was not very friendly even to the point I was wondering if he even liked his job- most disappointing for sure .

Did spent some time at Mayo beach - a bit unique with the planes flying over , the beach is quite nice, he also took us to Orient beach , did not like as well , not as clean and very windy that day .

I probably would not rent a car, just look for another tour company

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
139 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dutch St Maarten Taxi Association - Island Highlights Tour

You were certainly not with Joyce Prince?

5. Re: Dutch St Maarten Taxi Association - Island Highlights Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, June 21, 2013