We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Map of Orient Beach hotels?

Selinsgrove...
Level Contributor
323 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Map of Orient Beach hotels?

I would like to see where hotels are located on Orient Beach. After reading some reviews I find that hotels that claim they are on OB are actually blocks away.

We are looking for a hotel on the beach and would appreciate a link to a map if anyone knows of one.

Thanks,

Timm

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,673 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Map of Orient Beach hotels?

There really aren't any DIRECTLY on Orient Beach, except maybe Mt Vernon.

Check this out:

…rr.com/photos2005/LargeOrientPanorama.htm

Courtesy of Ed and Sandra. If the place has a web site, click on it and it will take you there.

Selinsgrove...
Level Contributor
323 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Map of Orient Beach hotels?

Thank you so much! That imagae is even better than I hoped for. I love Trip Advisor!

Timm

Arcadia, Florida
Level Contributor
10 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Map of Orient Beach hotels?

There are quite a few hotels directly on the beach and some web searching should net a map for you. Depending upon your preferences

the first that comes to mind is Orient Beach Club. It's at the south end of the beach

and is all clothing optional. It is a very sophisticated resort with a primarily European clientele. Many of the villas front directly on the beach but I would suggest using the pathways to get there as the sand burrs in the area between beach and villa are nasty. You'll find quite a few really good restaurants directly on the beach as well where you can get gourmet French food with your feet still in the sand.

Further up the beach are Hotel l'Hoste, Green Cay, and St. Tropez. All are small hotels and depending upon your room have the potential for you to step from your room directly out onto the sandy beach. At the far north end of the beach is Hotel Mt. Vernon which faces the beach but is slightly up a hill. There may be others as well as I've not been for a few years but these hotels are directly on the one mile stretch

of Orient Beach.

If you haven't tried a nude or clothing optional beach previously, give it a try. If

this doesn't interest you, this might not be the beach for you. Regardless the only true

nude portion of the beach is at Orient Beach Resort and if you'd prefer working into it gradually stay near the opposite end at which you'll see mostly topless and only a few nude sunbathers.

Many of the workers at the resort are multi-lingual French ex-pats and are very very friendly. This was by far my favorite Caribbean destination.

Selinsgrove...
Level Contributor
323 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Map of Orient Beach hotels?

Hi CD,

Thanks for your help and your hotel suggestions.

We have been to St. Maarten/St. Martin three times on cruises and always end up on Orient Beach. We love it!

Our 30th anniversary is next March and we have pretty much decided to spend it on Orient Beach.

We like the fact that you could arrive at your hotel and never leave Orient. Everything is within waking distance and there are so many nice bars and places to eat.

Still trying to narrow down a hotel. Want something reasonably priced, close to the beach, more of a south/central location, and beach chairs provided.

Thanks again,

Timm

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,673 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Map of Orient Beach hotels?

Haven't stayed there, but Alamanda comes highly recomended. Walking distance to beach with views.

Get answers to your questions about St Martin / St Maarten