We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Activities to do off Cruise Ship

Bozeman, Montana
10 posts
Save Topic
Activities to do off Cruise Ship

Hello...in March, my family and I will be cruising to St. Maarten and I am interested in things to do while in St. Maarten without booking the activities through the ship. Can anyone give me ideas perhaps of beach excursions or catamaran cruises to see some of that kind of thing. I have already booked an island tour so we can see both sides and get an idea of what is there, but thought it would be fun to do something on our own in the afternoon.

Any suggestions would be helpful. We have an 11 yr old, so family activities would be nice. Thanks much!!

Caribbean Paddling
Kayaking & Canoeing, Stand-Up Paddleboarding, Gear Rentals, Sightseeing Tours, Water Sports
Flavors of St. Martin Food Tours
Cultural Tours, Bus Tours, Food Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Tropical Boat
Scuba & Snorkeling, Boat Tours, Water Sports, Boat Rentals, Sightseeing Tours
St. maarten
Level Contributor
737 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Activities to do off Cruise Ship

It kind of depends on when the ship departs.

The loterie farm is a nature preserve and you can do a zipline tour of the tree line.

Rhino rides are fun. It is small boat tour where you drive a craft similar to an oversized jet ski through the lagoon and out along the coast to a snorkling spot. The trip is from about 1 pm to about 5 pm and might be perfect depending on your timetable.

Most of the catamaran cruises might take too long. You can always rent jet skis, do parasailing and such in Phillipsburg.

Bozeman, Montana
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Activities to do off Cruise Ship

Sorry, forgot to add that we will be in St. Maarten from 7 am to 5 pm.

We have discovered that booking activities through the ship can be more expensive and more crowded so I like to see what I can do as far as booking locally so it is a better experience.

Thanks for all the postings, I love reading about everyone's experiences and what they like and dislike.

Get answers to your questions about St Martin / St Maarten