We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Island Marketing, Ltd. Tours

Jersey Shore
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Island Marketing, Ltd. Tours

Has anyone used this company? We will be in St. Maarten for a day off a cruise ship - they offer a 3 hour sightseeing plus a 3 hour beach time at Little Bay, it looks good but I cant find any reviews. Thanks!

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1 post
24 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Island Marketing, Ltd. Tours

Has anyone done this company's Glass Bottom Boat Tour? We will be in Cozumel from the Royal Caribbean cruise in early October. the prior reviews are certainly mixed but no one mentions this specific tour. Thanks

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Island Marketing, Ltd. Tours

i have had a very bad experience with them. they were rude on email and when i called them on it, they took my money and refused us our confirmation numbers!!! never trust a company that does not list its phone number.

nj
Level Contributor
3 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Island Marketing, Ltd. Tours

Okay...So so on the Island Marketing tours. St Maarten went off with out a hitch. Had a wonderful time on the tour. When it was time for the St Thomas 6 hour Island tour, the van never showed up. We waited for about 20 minutes then asked about the St Thomas Highlights Island Tour. They never heard of it. we tried to look them up in a phone book and they were not listed under such name. we ended up taking a wonderful tour with Raymond the Firefighter. He took us around the whole Island and got us back to the ship on time. I emailed Island Marketing and they said the van was there and they tried looking for us. No one called them. I didn't have the phone number portion of my paperwork with me. Make sure you cross your T and dot your I's with this company. They make it almost impossible to get your money back. The tour we tok with Raymond was less expensive then what the Island Marketing tour was. It cost 25 dollars a person where the I.M. Ltd was 29 a person. I will probably never book with them again because of their overly strict policy. Its not worth it.

Marshfield, Missouri
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Island Marketing, Ltd. Tours

We had to cancel a tour that was the Barbados Resort Beach Break. I had paid the 30.00 deposit. I was told it would be kept on file for future deposit. I have booked the St. Maaten tour and asked if it could be applied to this future tour. Oh no, because I had already booked it. The Barbados was only a resort pass. We had to find our own transportation. Only using the beach. No transportation, etc was reserved. I do not understand why the 30.00 could not be applied to the next tour with their company in St. maarten.

G B
Knoxville, Tennessee
1 post
Save Reply
15. Re: Island Marketing, Ltd. Tours

Me a 3 girlfriends used it for a St. Thomas, VI tour. It was fantastic. The price was incredible. Truly worth more.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Island Marketing, Ltd. Tours

May I ask where they said they would meet you? Was it right by the cruise ship port? I'll be with seniors and my 2 yr old son so I was looking for a closed van which this tour operator says they can provide. Did you take the Highlights tour? Thank you.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
151 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Island Marketing, Ltd. Tours

I have no experience with Island Marketing LTD but have read many negative reviews... So did not dare using them.

On my last few trips, I have used SXM Deals which has been excellent.

http://sxmdeals.com/

They always take good care of me, sort of like a personal concierge. If you plan to do tours in St. Maarten and are arriving via plane or cruise ship then you should certainly try them.

On one of my bookings, I totally messed up. I booked the Friday Farewell when I actually wanted the Friday Fun Sail which is a different price and company. Less than a week out from the tour date, they were happy to switch me to the new tour. Not many guys can do that in such short notice.

Anyways, they look after you properly not like many other companies out there with serious attitude.

Los Angeles
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
18. Re: Island Marketing, Ltd. Tours

I am furious with this company!!!!!!!!! I booked a tour with them and had to pay a $75.00 deposit for my husband and I in Maui. We switched our cruise to the Caribbean. Since the cruise is not until December 2013 I thought there would be no problem canceling. They informed me that I cannot get a refund but I have a $75 credit. We settled on a tour in St Maarten (not one we really wanted but the best of the choices) which was $75 total. They took a $22 deposit out of my credit and informed me that I would have a $53 remaining credit but I would owe $53 in cash at the end of my tour! I tried to explain how that made no sense. They already have my money! There is no telephone number. Everything is through email. I am going to chalk up the $75 and cancel my tour. I refuse to give them another penny!

Just wanted to make sure no one else gets taken like us!

19. Re: Island Marketing, Ltd. Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 10, 2014
Get answers to your questions about St. Maarten-St. Martin