We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in february

toronto
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
weather in february

hello everyone and happy new year! I just got married and we are going on honeymoon mid february....Ive heard the upper carribean is a little cool at that time, and so its been suggested we go a little further south.....does anyone know the weather in february for St. maarten? also what are the nice places to go to, I know nothing about the area!

any other suggestions for good weather in february? we were thinking hawaii was a save bet but more expensive from toronto.

Mississauga,On
Level Contributor
68 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in february

You can't go wrong in St Maarten....I have been there 6 times already...we like it so much, we don't go anywhere else!!!

We stay at The Great Bay...(It has just done a 10 million dollar reno!!)

Being on a honeymoon, and not knowing what you like,it is hard for me to advise...but if you are not snobby..you will like Phillipsburg!!!

Great shopping(have you bought your engagment ring yet???as the jewelery is second to none!!!)

As far as the weather is concerned...fabulous(some days it is nice to get rain...which lasts 5 mins.)

The Maho is more luxurious....but it is at the end of the runway(noisy)and the beach is small.

I never rent a car( I leave that to the cab drivers...and never have to stop drinking!!)

The restaurants are awsome!!!! French and Dutch side!!!

People are the best I have ever seen!!!

Try it and you will be like Saul Korman and I!!!!

Dan and Pam Dorion

Mississauga

Toronto
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in february

I just got back on Jan 8th from St.Martin. Mid-80's every day, nice breezes all the time. Maybe a total of 30 min. rain the whole week. Water is very warm.

Toronto
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in february

Hi Dan: All this time and someone finally made a reference to Saul Korman! For the rest of you non-Canucks (Toronto side)this is an inside joke!

Jacksonville, FL
Level Contributor
272 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: weather in february

For your honeymoon, I'd suggest you check out this private villa....www.vistaroyale.com. No...we're not the owners. We've stayed there 3 times and will never stay anywhere else. Near Philipsburg on Pt. Blanch at the very top..lokking over the cruise port and downtown. Convenient to both Dutch activities and French food. Definitely rent a car. The villa's web site is axactly what you really get...privacy, romance, spa and infinity pool ALL TO YOURSELVES. It's a sexy place and the owners are wonderfully nice folks.

Get answers to your questions about St. Maarten-St. Martin