We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AI or not?

Sandybeaches
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Topic
AI or not?

I'm wondering what the price difference is between going AI or non AI in regards to prices of rooms.

Does anyone know the difference in the price?

Estimated?

We plan on staying at Maho in February, there are 2 of us going.

Sandybeaches
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: AI or not?

I forgot to add that I really don't plan on going AI, I am just wondering what the price difference is between AI and non AI.

Some friends of our may be joining us and they don't drink and they are picky eaters , so why go AI?

London, Canada
Level Contributor
3,759 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AI or not?

The difference in price depends on the tour operator and the resort or hotel, but it can be between $700 and $1000 for one week.

If you're on an expensive island, don't like any kind of ethnic food, and like to eat and drink all day, you'd probably get your money's worth. But with light eaters and non-drinkers, you're much better going non AI. Sometimes AI is also for convenience if your resort is fairly isolated.

On St. Maarten there are just too many good restaurants (for all budgets) and new places to try to worry about eating at one resort.... except maybe for breakfast.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,465 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: AI or not?

Tobie has this exactly right. If budget is a concern - there's ton's of inexpensive dining options on this island, for all tastes!

Sandybeaches
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: AI or not?

Not so much the budget.I don't think we will go AI because they have so many great places to eat there and why limit ourselves to 1 place to eat and drink.

We did however go AI before and found we didn't eat or drink enough for the price.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will talk to my husband now.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: AI or not?

I think the only time AI is worth it is when you are in a country where to leave the resort is not real safe, ie. the Dominican Republic.

In St. Martin there are so many wonderful choices of places to eat.

Sandybeaches
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: AI or not?

I think you're right.

I have to do some more price searching here.