We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has Anyone Used Nu Car for a car rental?

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Has Anyone Used Nu Car for a car rental?

Nu Car Rentals website says they operate all over the world. I've never seen them mentioned on any SXM related forum. Has anyone used them on St.Martin? If so, what was your experience?

Their rates are terrific, but I've seen so many horror stories about rental cars on the forums. I'm leery of using a car company that hasn't been recommended by anyone, or even mentioned on any of the websites (WIOL, Berger, etc.)

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Saint-Martin
Saint-Martin
St Martin / St Maarten
82 replies to this topic
Seekonk, Mass
Level Contributor
483 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Has Anyone Used Nu Car for a car rental?

I've been going to SXM for 12 years and following a few forums about the Island. I have never heard of Nu Car Rentals. This doesn't mean they do not exist but that they are not on everyone's top 50 list of car rental companies on SXM.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has Anyone Used Nu Car for a car rental?

Thanks for the prompt reply. We're getting down to the wire (leaving Dec 10)and I don't have the rental car lined up. Kenny's is booked up, and I haven't had a reply from Triple A. That was the "A List' from the forums. Now I have to try others, but don't know which ones to contact. Berger's website says Tropicana, but I've never seen that one mentioned anyplace else either. Can you help me out with some suggestions? Ace is on some forums. But I saw Ace and Empress trashed as 'bait and switch' by one poster.

Thanks again !!!!

Central...
Level Contributor
201 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has Anyone Used Nu Car for a car rental?

We've used Unity for several years and always been pleased.

Seekonk, Mass
Level Contributor
483 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Has Anyone Used Nu Car for a car rental?

I've used Mickey from Tropicana quite a few times and it's just down the hill from the Pelican where I stay. I usually alternate between TripleA and Tropicana and I'm with TripleA this January. Both are fine...

Both will pick you up at the airport and bring you back to their office to do the paperwork.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has Anyone Used Nu Car for a car rental?

Thanks, I'll put in inquiries to Tropicana and Triple A.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
139 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has Anyone Used Nu Car for a car rental?

Also try travelrentacar, they are very good and dependable.

Georgia
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Has Anyone Used Nu Car for a car rental?

I have used them and never had a problem. Triple A is their affiliate in St. Maarten. When you make the booking , I would make sure to give them flight info in case there is a problem.

Mentioned in this post
New Jersey
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Has Anyone Used Nu Car for a car rental?

I just booked a Nu car for travel to St. Maarten in April. Where in relation to the airport is the pick up and drop off point? Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
NYC
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Has Anyone Used Nu Car for a car rental?

Did you have any issuer with NU?

I'm planning to book a car with them for my April's vacation

NYC
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Has Anyone Used Nu Car for a car rental?

Did you have any issues with NU? I'm about to book a car with them for my April's vacation

Reply to: Has Anyone Used Nu Car for a car rental?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted