We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

internet access

Evanston, IL
Level Contributor
360 posts
1 review
Save Topic
internet access

we'll be staying at the Belair beach Resort in Philipsburg. Is there an internet cafe nearby? And what do they charge? If there is WiFi anywhere we can take our laptop, otherwise we'd leave it at home.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,401 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: internet access

There is an internet cafe next door at Divi. You can walk on the beach from Belair in about 3 mins. Open at 7:30 am I believe.

There are wifi spots on the island, but not sure whre they are. Perhaps someone else can chime in.

St. maarten
Level Contributor
737 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: internet access

Phillipsburg has WiFi in the boardwalk area and Maho has it in their lobby. The Mailbox in Simpson bay has internet access and there is an internet cafe next to western union in the pond-fill area in Phillipsburg ( I can't remember the name)

If you just want to quickly check email on your trip, I wouldn't lug your laptop through security at the airport.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,401 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: internet access

I agree - if you're just doing it to stay in touch, I wouldn't drag a laptop (and have to worry about it's safety).

My husband has his own business and we have elderly parents back home, so we have to check in daily. We just hit a convenient internet cafe daily for a half hour in the am before we head out for the day. Most places charge between $3 - $4 per 1/2 hour.

The one at Divi is great when we're staying at Belair. Really convenient.

Sky
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: internet access

There should be internet access in the lobby of the hotel your staying at.

I know we stayed at Great Bay and they had internet access.

Wasn't for free.But they had it.

Get answers to your questions about St. Maarten-St. Martin