We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Little Bay DVI

Modesto
3 posts
Little Bay DVI

Has anyone stayed at this resort? we will be leaving in August 2009. Is St. Martin good for Bogie Boarding or Surfing? any help would be appreacatied

Hartford, CT
Level Contributor
438 posts
30 reviews
1. Re: Little Bay DVI

We have stayed there for years and absolutely love it. Its a real beauty that is secluded from the island, yet just 5-10 minutes away from all the action. www.divilittlebay.com.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
15,214 posts
13 reviews
2. Re: Little Bay DVI

Second Bob & Carol - we are Divi members since 1989 and love the resort. Situated on a finger of land with water on three sides I'm sure you will enjoy your stay here.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,421 posts
8 reviews
3. Re: Little Bay DVI

We personally have never stayed at the Divi. We met a couple last week while on SXM who have had a timeshare at the Divi for 22 years and absolutely love it. Sounds like a place that I may want to stay at in one of our next ventures to SXM.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
11,025 posts
19 reviews
4. Re: Little Bay DVI

We're also owners at Divi. Altho we have not stayed there in a few years, I can say it's a beautiful resort on a wonderful beach. All the amenities you could wish for.

Modesto
3 posts
5. Re: Little Bay DVI

Thank all of you for your help I can't wait to get there.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
15 posts
27 reviews
6. Re: Little Bay DVI

We stayed at the Divi in Feb '06 and thats when we fell in love with St. Maarten. We used an exchange with out timeshare and found the Divi to be just what we wanted. If there was a downside it would have been the water in the bathroom. We needed to turn it on 5 minutes before we wanted to shower so it would be hot. The beach was very nice. One day out of the week a cruise ship came in and we were directed by the resort where to sit so we would'nt be mixed up with that, but it was no problem having the people from the ship there. We found the restaurant to be good for breakfast and lunch. We went else where for supper most nights. Try Pineapple Petes, Peg legs, Chesterfields, they are great places to eat. Needless to say we enjoy St. Maarten very much. We've also stayed at Oyster Bay and next spring we will be going back to either Divi or Oyster Bay.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
15,214 posts
13 reviews
7. Re: Little Bay DVI

ADTK

Glad to read you enjoyed your stay at Divi. Divi terminated it's agreement with the cruise companies due to complaints from members that the beach was over crowded on days when the ships sent over passengers. So that problem is eliminated even though it cost Divi to end it. Check mark for Divi.

Hot water problem is hard to solve as the storage tanks may be a ways off from certain units meaning that the water has a ways to travel before it reaches everyone who want it. Not a big deal as you say, just run the water until it becomes hot.

Modesto
3 posts
8. Re: Little Bay DVI

Can you tell me where the studio unit are aton DVI? do you know if they are close to the beach or is there anyway to upgrade to a suite?

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
15,214 posts
13 reviews
9. Re: Little Bay DVI

geocities.com/daka630/…dlblayout.htm

If you know your unit number you can find it on the map (link above)

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
15,214 posts
13 reviews
10. Re: Little Bay DVI

Upgrade is possible once you reach reception on Island or thru your travel agent before arrivgal, TS exchange company, or Divi in NC.

Some studio units are suites, some are not.

Get answers to your questions about St Martin / St Maarten