We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Liquor

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
Liquor

I will be visiting at the end of January and was wondering what the liquor prices are. Also, can you buy tequila in St. Maarten?

Where is the best place to purchase liquor St. Thomas or St. Maarten?

New York, NY
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Liquor

Both liquor and cigarettes are at reasonable prices.

Prices really depends on the type of liquor (wine, spirits, cognac), so shop around. There are more liquor shops in St. Martin/Marigot than St. Maarten/Philipsburg, but that's just my opinion. For example, a liter of Absolut Vodka is $10.99

Elmhurst, Illinois
Level Contributor
386 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Liquor

We just returned from St. Maarten and bought a liter of Absolut for $6 in downtown Phillisburg on Front St. We also bought some Tequila for a little more than that. Another option for good liquor prices is RAMs grocery store. Our room had a blender so we were able to mix up our own frozen margaritas. Have a great trip.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Liquor

Thanks so much for the reply! That is a great price for absolute!!

Michigan
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Liquor

If you like rum be sure to buy some Jumbee. It comes in these cool bottles and is soooo good. At some stores the bottles are even hand painted and there are little straw hats on them.

Elmhurst, Illinois
Level Contributor
386 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Liquor

We were very surprised about the low prices as well. It definitely saved us some money on this trip - and we brought home a few bottles with us. Have a great trip.

T.O
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Liquor

From the prices I can remember, 1L Absolut you could find for as low as $6. Smirnoff $7, Level Vodka $19, Johnnie Walker Blue Label $89, Black Label was somewhere in the low $20's. 1L Grey Goose around $23, Friis Vodka $7,

Local Drink - Guvaberry $12-14 for 750ml