We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to St. Maarten in Sept. 2005

California
Level Contributor
77 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Going to St. Maarten in Sept. 2005

This is my first trip to St. Maarten. I am a little nervous and excited. I am staying at the Atrium and am a little concerned with the accomodations since reading some reveiws. I also want to know some good moderately prices resturants. We will have a car so we can go anywhere.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,268 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to St. Maarten in Sept. 2005

We just returned from a week at the Atrium and LOVED it. Have stayed at quite a few timeshares on the island and so far, this was the best.

You can read my full trip report with links to pictures of the resort and our room at:

www.traveltalkonline.com/forums/showflat.php…

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to St. Maarten in Sept. 2005

We stopped at St. Martin/St. Maartin as part of our cruise in May 2005. It was a favorite island. If you have a chance, rent a rhino rider. It was the best excursion we did. Have fun.

Augusta, Ga
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Going to St. Maarten in Sept. 2005

I was also in St. Martin in May of this year as part of a cruise. I loved it. Locals don't hassle you at all. Very nice & relaxing. Shopping we found better deals than St. Thomas. I bought jewelry at great prices.

Philadelphia, PA
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Going to St. Maarten in Sept. 2005

I hope you enjoy your stay in SXM, I go every year for a week in March, staying at the Pelican resort. Please go to Baie Rouge and Gus' beach bar, great burgers and ribs. Also, Johnny B under the tree, an experience. Sunset Beach bar is a trip, especially at Air France takeoff time. There's also a beach bar at Les Habitations, ask for Max and he'll mix you a mean BBC! Whatever you do, enjoy it, I wish I was there right now!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Going to St. Maarten in Sept. 2005

Although I have never stayed at the Atrium, I have stayed at the Pelican a few times and Sunterra Flamingo Beach. They are both within walking distance of the Atrium. We love the Simpson Bay area, it's so close to everything and has a little more nightlife than the French side. On our first trip to Saint Martin we didn't even rent a car and were fine in this area. We just took cabs and/or buses with the locals! Have a great time.

Ct.
10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Going to St. Maarten in Sept. 2005

I have been to St. Maarten 5 times and will also be there in Sept., There are some great places close to the Atrium, I've found Bannanas, Turtle Pier, Pizza Galley, Zee Best and the Top Carrot which is a health food sort of place with fresh yogurt, there is also a little bakery just about across the street from the Atrium which is fabulous! Grand Case has excellent choices and you can go expesive/romantic or just go to the lolo's which are outdoor barbacues similar to Johnny Under The Tree. Marigot has some many wonderful spots a bit more pricey in the Marina, Tropicana is excellent; if you are there during the day there is usually a flea market and little places to eat that are right next to each other which is next to the parking lot; the food is great and inexpensive but they are only open during the day. There is also a beautiful mall with a $10.00 store. On the road to Orient Beach at the top of a hill are a row of colorful gingerbread style shops with nice but inexpensive gift items, the view from there is incredible! All of the beaches are great, Pinel island is good if you don't like waves. I could go on forever... Just ask around, people are friendly and helpful and the tourist info at the airport and Atrium should give you tons of choices. Have a wonderful time!

Philadelphia, PA
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Going to St. Maarten in Sept. 2005

Forgot to mention Pinel island, what a great place, we usually go there on our last full day, take the ferry over (I think it's $6 now), rent a beach chair and umbrella, sit and chill! Beautiful!

Limerick...
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Going to St. Maarten in Sept. 2005

Pinel Island restaurant very good.

All beaches are topless if u wish to go that way.

Get answers to your questions about St. Maarten-St. Martin