We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day excursion in December

Calgary, Alberta...
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Day excursion in December

Our family is going to St. Maarten in December, and the kids would like to send our parents on a day excursion. They are not into snorkeling, but do enjoy being out on the water. Any land trip suggestions would be great as well. Also, we would like to send them for dinner, any suggestions as to where I could book/plan something from Canada as a surprise?

Thanks!!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
214 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Day excursion in December

We will be in St. Maarten in Dec also from the 3-10 coming from the US. Where are you staying? We are staying on the Dutch side at the Royal Islander. We are going with another couple that has been there twice before and loved everything about the island. Have a great trip!

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,268 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day excursion in December

Our favorites:

http://www.sailstmaarten.com/

http://www.randomwind.com/

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
214 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Day excursion in December

Thanks for the info.. trying to get ideas before December gets here. I can't wait.. I have never been to St. Maarten before,but have traveled the caribbean. It looks beautiful.

football
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day excursion in December

Two great restaurants on St Martin that not a lot of people know about but are really terrific. Sol Y Luna is located in Cul De Sac, which is right above Orient Beach. It's family run and has been voted the most romantic restaurant on St Martin. It's really very good. Also, La Cigale is excellant! It's located in Baie Nettle just South of Marigot. If you suprise them with either of these restaurants, you will look like you really researched and know what you're talking about.

The Lambada leaves from Pelican and is officially called a snorkling trip, but you don't have to snorkle if you don't want to. It is a 2 hour trip to Prickly Pear and then you spend about 2 hours on the island. It's a catamaran and is the best way to see St Maarten, Anguilla and Prickly Pear. They will have a great time. You then return and the whole trip is 6 or 7 hours. I own a place on St Maarten and visit 4 or 5 times a year. I wouldn't lead you astray!