We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help is anyone been there in oct?

london ontario...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
help is anyone been there in oct?

we my husband and i are going in oct i a little afraid to say because of what happen last year. is it always like that the motel we are staying at is great bay beach hotel has anyone been there lately?

Ontario
Level Contributor
398 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help is anyone been there in oct?

I was at Great Bay in late June. What do you need to know??

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help is anyone been there in oct?

I don't know what you arfraid of, hurricanes, weather??? We were there 3 years ago in October at the Pelican, and we are going again this October and staying at Sunterra, Flamingo Beach.

What are you looking for?

london ontario...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: help is anyone been there in oct?

thank you both for applying,

i just was told that it was not so good in oct we are staying at great bay hotel .How is the food i am from ontario canada so i dont really know what to expect but i know we will have a good time is there anything i should bring there?

cheers!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help is anyone been there in oct?

I personally prefer October and May (when we typically travel) as they are not in the "high season". I don't like having to wait in line to eat or drink and I don't like crowded beaches. I know that some people enjoy this, not me. Sure, there are some restaurants that may not be open during the "low season", but there are so many wonderful restaurants in St. Martin that you can't go wrong. If you want ambiance try Grand Case. If you want fun try Cherie's.

Ontario
Level Contributor
398 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: help is anyone been there in oct?

The food at Great Bay is fine. I ahve stayed there twice. It is not gourmet but it is filling and there is a good selection. The a la carte restaurant is good as well. Just remember it is a three star hotel, not a five star hotel.

london ontario...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: help is anyone been there in oct?

thank you both fpr applying once more i guess where we are thet grade it a 4 * noe so thats what say well i hope you both have a great time i am sure we will never no maybe we will

meet up in oct :)

thank !

london ontario...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: help is anyone been there in oct?

Sorry on the spelling they grade it a 4* now thats what they are sayin i hope you can read the letter i not to good a this finger stuff lol

sorry!