We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Room Location

Buffalo
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Topic
Room Location

I'm planning a trip to the Maho Beach Resort. I'm wondering where a good room location is? I don't want it to be noisy, but we want an ocean view room. And could you also reccomend a room floor?

Ontario
Level Contributor
398 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Room Location

Ask for a room in the Ocean terrace section. It is quiet and overlooks the ocean. I believe it is only 4 or 5 floors high so ask for a high floor so your balcony will be above the vegetation.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
363 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Room Location

I agree, that's where the suites are too. Also the restaurant/buffet is right downstairs so you don't have to walk to far for breakfast. We initially were given a tiny room in the tower overlooking the strip but complained, slipped the front desk guy a 20 and said it was our anniversary. Not only were we upgraded to ocean terrace suite with balcony overlooking the beach where the planes land, but were also given complementary fruit and cheese platter and bottle of champagne!

Buffalo
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Room Location

Thank you very much. I have one more inquiry... are there any good activities to do or places that you just have to see?

Ontario
Level Contributor
398 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Room Location

Maho runs a free shuttle bus to Orient beach three times a week. That is a great beach and a definite must see. They also offer shuttle trips to Phillipsburg for shopping. Some other suggestions for day trips are: Anguilla or St. Barths which are just a short ferry ride away. There are also some great catamaran trips that you ca take or compete in the America's Cup challenge. Rhino Riders is also fun where yotu get to pilot your own speed boat around the bay. There are so many activities on this island you will be hard be bored.

The spa at Maho is great and the swim up bar serves awesome drinks as well. Try a BBC.

Mentioned in this post
Anguilla
Anguilla
Caribbean
Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
363 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Room Location

First, make sure you rent a car for the whole time.

1. RESTAURANTS

Best right-on-Orient Beach Restaurant: tie Kakao, Kon Tiki

Most romantic in Orient Beach: Astrolabe

Best Cheap eats Orient Beach: Fish Bar

Top Romantic (Marigot): La Vie en Rose

Best Open Air Pub Grub: Bamboo Cafe' (Marigot)

Best French/Romantic Marigot Marina: Tropicana

Best casual Marigot Marina: BDLG

Best Italian Marigot: Don Camillo

Top Romantic (Dutch Side): Tie: Citrus & Temptation

Hip and Trendy: Bliss, Bamboo Bernie's

Best of Grand Case: Rainbow, California, Le Tastevin

Best Sunset: Sunset Cafe' at the Grand Case Beach Club, Sunset Beach Bar, Maho

2. BEST BEACHES

Mullet Bay (chair rental, snack bar), Friars Bay(chair rental, 2 restaurants), Cupecoy (no facilities). At friars bay, take foot path at one end up and over the ridge to a gorgeous secluded beach right out of Robinson Crusoe. Of course, spend a few days on Orient Beach, the mack daddy of them all. rent chairs, a jet ski, parasail, have lunch and swim at the pool at Kon Tiki, have drinks at Bikini Beach or sushi at Kakao. see the sun set and the planes land at Maho Beach.

3. "FUN" EXCURSIONS

for all day trips Visit St. Barths or Anguilla for the day, Pinel Island is a cheaper, closer alternative. The boat ride which leaves from the French Cul de Sac, is like $5.00. Chair rental and snorkeling equipment is available. There is a restaurant right on the beach where they will pull a carribean lobster from the ocean to your plate. There's also a snack bar for the budget conscious. Climb Pic Paradise for an awsome view. Visit the zoo or the butterfly farm. Take a catamaran for snorkeling on Prickly Pear

4. BEST SUPERMARKET

Sorry, that would be Match on the French side.

Mentioned in this post
Anguilla
Anguilla
Caribbean
Get answers to your questions about St Martin / St Maarten