We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. Martin Beg of Sept...bad idea??

Boston
Level Contributor
156 posts
1 review
Save Topic
St. Martin Beg of Sept...bad idea??

Thinking of going to St. Martin but my vacation is in the beg of Sept. I heard a lot of places will be closed. Has anyone been there that time of year?

Hartford...
Level Contributor
50 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St. Martin Beg of Sept...bad idea??

I know that my timeshare is closed the last two weeks in Sept. and that is the height of hurricane season. If you want to miss the hurricanes then go to Aruba they are so low down in the Caribbean they never get hurricanes...and then next year plan for St. Maarten at a differnet time of the year. You will love both islands...I do.

Boston
Level Contributor
156 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: St. Martin Beg of Sept...bad idea??

Thanks! I did just that. I booked the Radisson in Aruba and am hoping later in the year or next year to hit St. Martin.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
50 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St. Martin Beg of Sept...bad idea??

Good choice for that time of year. Now to onto the site for Aruba and learn more. Radisson is the best...you will love the pools, the beach and the staff is wonderful. Plenty of restaurants to choose from also. I always use the Dine-Around Plan and save $$$$. Go on Arubadining.com you get 3-course dinners $35. which is far less then if you purchased seperate dinner plus you can upgrade and use the coupon as that much towards you meal at a VIP restaurant. Have fun and let me know if you need anything else...lmholmes22@att.net

Owings Mills...
Level Contributor
886 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St. Martin Beg of Sept...bad idea??

Yes, the dine around program in Aruba is fab!! The Radisson also has a great restaurant, although I forget the name.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
50 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: St. Martin Beg of Sept...bad idea??

Sunset Grille is the topnotch restaurant and they have the Laguna Grille also for breakfast and dinner.

Boston
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: St. Martin Beg of Sept...bad idea??

El Goucho (sorry if spelled wrong) has the BEST steak in town!

Get answers to your questions about St Martin / St Maarten