We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orient Bay Hotel/Orient Beach

New York
Level Contributor
53 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Orient Bay Hotel/Orient Beach

Has anyone stayed at the orient bay hotel? Is it any good? If not, where is a good place to stay on Orient Beach?

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,540 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Orient Bay Hotel/Orient Beach

Don't know this property, but there are many places along Orient that get very good reviews. Alamanda is among the best I believe. Have you checked the reviews section?

LI NEW YORK
Level Contributor
50 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Orient Bay Hotel/Orient Beach

Never stayed on the French side but I am sure you can find a great place to stay. What are you looking for. Family or single.

London, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Orient Bay Hotel/Orient Beach

I stayed at the sister Hotel, Jardins des Chevrise, last December. I would imagine they're comparable and they are under the same management.

Units were clean and had daily housekeeping. Not a luxury place but pretty well outfitted and the rate is really decent for what you get, in my opinion. Jardins rooms had a kitchenette with fridge and both places have a decent but small pool.

It is NOT on Orient Beach, but that might be just as well. It's located in the Mont Vernon area just below Cul de Sac. There is a small bakery within walking distance and two great restaurants also: Le Taitu and Sol e Luna, both of which are very good. Short drive to a couple of cafes/restaurants in Cul de Sac and about a 5-7 minute drive to Grand Case. About 5-7 minutes by car to Orient Beach, also. You could also easily walk to Orient beach from there--I did. Took about 10 minutes to get to Waikiki Beach Bar from there--that makes it about a mile walk to the center of Orient Beach.

Feels a little out of the way but you're a very short drive from a lot that the French side has to offer. Very close to the Ferry to Pinel Island, too.

Any other questions?

Michael

4. Re: Orient Bay Hotel/Orient Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, August 29, 2009
Get answers to your questions about St Martin / St Maarten