We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trying to book at Stonefield

Which Soufriere hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
GA
Level Contributor
93 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Trying to book at Stonefield

I've read so many great reviews of Stonefield, I was looking forward to celebrating our anniversary there. I wanted a 1 bedroom luxury - I was originally quoted $205 + tax. When the reservation form was mailed to me, it said $250. I emailed to ask about it and was told the $205 was a "typo." Fine, the website says $250 as well. I go to fax in the form, and just before I get an email saying "I was wrong - the new rate is $300"!! I understood the typo, but now this is just wrong. Not very professional if you ask me. We are now looking at Crystals or Balenbouche Estate - what are your thoughts? I'm not sure I want to stay at Stonefield now (out of principle!).

Fairport, New York
Level Contributor
793 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trying to book at Stonefield

I would see if you could get in touch with Ali (sp?) the owner, perhaps he can cut you some slack since that does not seem right to me to change prices. They were very accomodating to us when we went and we upgraded at the last minute to a plunge pool villa.

dallas, TX
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trying to book at Stonefield

I too was unpleasantly surprised with the rate difference. I emailed them to ask about availability and they quoted me 1 bedroom Premium Suite at US$375.00 +18% tax and a 1 bedroom Premium Luxury at US$325.00+18% tax. Were we shocked! We were planning to come in shoulder or summer season for the reasonable rates.

We too are looking at other options, Crystals is one of them.

dallas, TX
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trying to book at Stonefield

After looking at airfare and other options...hubby really wants to stay here, so we're planning to book with them anyway. I am not happy about the rate increase, it should be clearly posted, but several other resorts are now increasing their rates and the summer season dates are later than they used to be at several other resorts too.

Can't blame them for capitalizing on the pick up in tourism...just wish the rates were as good as last year.

Hope it works out well for everyone!

kansas city
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Trying to book at Stonefield

Not sure about the $250. We stand there last April and paid $325.00 It is well worth the money.

GA
Level Contributor
93 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trying to book at Stonefield

Well, I tried to contact Aly directly - something tells me they didn't give him the message because someone else answered my request (judging by his posts here, I'm sure he would have responded if asked). They did eventually honor the $250 quote, as I had the first confirmation sheet with that price which I had faxed to them. Since Stonefield was our 1st choice, I decided to keep the reservation - I just hope our actual stay is more pleasant than the reservation process!

USA
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Trying to book at Stonefield

If you call Ali Brown at Stonefield, he will personally fix the problem, I am sure.

USA
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Trying to book at Stonefield

Hi,

Just read you've booked, you will be happy! If you get a car, be sure to eat at Gee's, a taxi can get you there as well. It's about 10 minutes away, Excellent food and less than half price of the rest. at Stonefield (they are not actually owned by Stonefield but rather independently operated) Also check out Fedo's for REALLY great, cheap meals (about $8 US!). If you would like to see about 15 trips worth of photo's of St Lucia, email me and will give you my photo link. The summer photos were taken mostly at Stonefield. We stayed there for about 3 weeks (Bouganvillea) in a fab swimming pool Villa. Can also refer you to a great guide, he is a teacher in town.

You're going to have a blast!!!

8. Re: Trying to book at Stonefield

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:21 am, August 23, 2009