We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to the Jalousie for my wedding!!!

England, United...
Level Contributor
196 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Going to the Jalousie for my wedding!!!

So excited we travel in 6 weeks to to the Jalousie can anyone give me any handy tips that I need to know before going there?

I get married a week later on the 14th February!

South Jersey
Level Contributor
114 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to the Jalousie for my wedding!!!

the cost of food there is atrocious. 2 chicken sandwiches and 2 drinks was like $40 some odd dollars US. ridiculous

England, United...
Level Contributor
196 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to the Jalousie for my wedding!!!

Shall make sure I feed well before I go!

kansas city
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Going to the Jalousie for my wedding!!!

The Bang is next door to Jalousie and is more modest price and the food is great. Wednesday night it gets wild. The Lord Conn??something use to own it but I think the Jalousie bought it. His daughter stayed on and is the manager.

You can take a shuttle to Soufriere to buy liquor and store it in your outdoor frig.(It is on the patios of the room) It is about 1.5 miles if you know the shortcut if you want to walk.

We rent a car every time we go so we usually go out.

Have fun.

England, United...
Level Contributor
196 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Going to the Jalousie for my wedding!!!

Hi Brianwv,

thanks for the reply. How safe is it outside the Jalousie?

So basically it is cheaper to buy drinks etc from the store up the road?

Would I need a pair of trainers? Soft question but I also wear flip flops on hoilday? Your advice is greatly appriacated.....

We are going on a room only basic so anyother tips throw them at me!!

thanks again

Chicago Burbs, IL
Destination Expert
for Soufriere
Level Contributor
3,340 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Going to the Jalousie for my wedding!!!

twinklestar6, best wishes to you on your wedding day and for a wonderful honeymoon! You are in for a special treat staying at the Jalousie!

If the thought of paying full service resort prices for most of your food and drinks throughout your stay, places unneeded stress on your time at this resort. Feel free to bring (pack) any well packaged items for snacks, breakfast foods, etc., that you are accustom to, with you. You may also be able to request your taxi/guide, to stop at a store on your way to the resort for any other items, that you may like to have on hand for in room as light snacks or drinks. Milk, juice, beer, rum, punch, etc. There are no cooking facilities in the room, but there is the "small" fridge, for some items.

If you drink beer, the local Piton brand is very good. I do wish it was available outside of St.Lucia!

No offense to brianwy, (great info, in all his posts) but I do believe it a bit UN-practical to consider walking into the town "Soufriere" in general for most folks, unless you are very much into an extreme terrain walk/hike. The roads to and from the Jalousie get extremely steep! Funny thing there is a thermal waterfall mineral bath (Piton Falls) outside the entrance to the Jalousie down a steep hill. We would shuttle up to the entrance, then hike down (to the bath) for a daily dip in the mineral waters, then hike back up to the entrance of Jalousie and take a long stroll back down to our room, spa, or beach enjoying the scenery along the way. I'll tell you others, would hike from the entrance down to the bath, but also ask for a taxi to pick them up after as they did not want to attempt that one short steep hill/hike back up to the entrance. The resort also organizes hikes to this mineral bath if you don't want to try it on your own.

There will be taxi/guides that hang out at the entrance to the resort. If you take the shuttle up (or hike if so inclined) to the entrance of the resort, you may be able to work out a bit better cost/ride into town or else where (private tour), then to book a taxi from the front desk. I also recommend taking a water taxi for quick and easy trips into town, Soufreire or over to Anse Chastenet's beach.

We let one of the water taxi guys, know where we were interested in going, he had suggested that he would let us know when he would be taking others. This is a great way to save a few dollars, by sharing the cost with other guests.

England, United...
Level Contributor
196 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Going to the Jalousie for my wedding!!!

Flowers, thanks so much for the great advice, oh I am so looking forward to it!

So I guess sensible walking shoes are needed as well as my flip flops.

What about safety issues?

East Coast
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Going to the Jalousie for my wedding!!!

Twink...please post a report of your trip when you return. Congratulations and have a great time!

England, United...
Level Contributor
196 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Going to the Jalousie for my wedding!!!

Yes, I shall with picyures as well, are you thinking of going here too?

East Coast
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Going to the Jalousie for my wedding!!!

yes it I am very interested in Jalousie. I cant wait to hear all about it.

Vienna,Virginia
Level Contributor
174 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Going to the Jalousie for my wedding!!!

I am considering Jalousie also,but I am confused on how to get there, o you need to go by helicopter? cost? or rent a car? how far from the airport? one more question!! any rooms/villas really close to the beach??