We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is is necessary to book lodging prior to st lucia arrival?

salem, oregon
10 posts
Save Topic
is is necessary to book lodging prior to st lucia arrival?

heya, my wife and i are planning a kitesurfing holiday in sl late jan-february and we are wondering: with all the lovely places to stay, cdan we simply waith until we get on the island before we book our hotel? we will be staying primarily in the vieu fort area, and would like to get the "lay of the land" before we commit to our lodging.

is there any chance of complete "no vacancy"?

thanks

jimi

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,453 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is is necessary to book lodging prior to st lucia arrival?

With kitesurfing you absolutely want to stay near Vieux Fort and the airport as that is where that activity happens. I once was an avid windsurfer who traveled around quite a bit.

I doubt you would have a problem finding a room once there as that is not the "touristy" end of the island. There are quite a few accommodations in that area, some very small and quaint up to the Coconut Bay Resort which is large. As you will be kitesurfing, once you meet some locals you will surely have help from them finding suitable accommodations. Enjoy St. Lucia, it is a truly beautiful place.

Regina, Sask, Canada
Level Contributor
18 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is is necessary to book lodging prior to st lucia arrival?

There is a $50 US per night set of basic rooms behind The Reef Bar. The $50 includes a great breakfast. Here is a link to their website. I stayed there last April for one night before we left from that airport. I'd do it again in a minute.... they are clean, funky and great value. http://www.slucia.com/reef/huts.html Good luck. You'll love St. Lucia

3. Re: is is necessary to book lodging prior to st lucia arrival?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 am, August 21, 2009