We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sugar Beach Viceroy

Mansfield, Texas
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sugar Beach Viceroy

My husband and I have booked a vacation for 5 nights at Sugar Beach in July. I'm sorry to beat a dead horse regarding the meal plans, but we are trying to decide on the plan that would work best for us for the week. We typically do not drink alcohol during the day on our vacations (may have a couple sips of wine at dinner), but we love to eat! We usually eat 3 meals a day on our vacations and love to snack during the day while at the beach. I have read mixed reviews on the all-inclusive plan, some saying it's worth it (particularly for the alcohol) and others saying it isn't. But, given our love for food and the little alcohol that we drink, would the all-inclusive plan be beneficial, should we stick to the half-board/ breakfast only or would we make out fine (and maybe come out ahead) just paying a la carte?

Also, we have reserved a Luxury Villa, which I understand is a bit larger than a cottage but a bit smaller than the Superior Villa. However, I can't seem to figure out where the block of Luxury Villas are located on the resort. Are they concentrated in one area or scattered among the blocks? We would love to request a villa where the pool has a view of the ocean obviously, along with a few other requests ahead of time. Can anyone give me any insight on the Luxury Villa locations or a recommendation for a villa? Do the Luxury Villas have negative edge pools or is that only the Superior or Grand Villas?

Thanks!

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
10 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Sugar Beach Viceroy

My family is also staying at Sugar Beach in July. I keep going back and forth on the AI option. This was helpful discussion and I think we will skip it.

Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Sugar Beach Viceroy

We just got back from Sugar Beach. We booked the linger longer plan which included breakfast every day. We also asked the driver to stop at the super market on the way to Sugar Beach to pick up snacks (cheese, turkey, crackers, chips, yogurt & nuts) to have in our room and carry down to the beach. We also brought a bottle of vodka, bottle of rum and bottle of champagne with us.

This allowed us to eat at Ladera's restaurant one night for dinner, at Boucan at Hotel Chocolate, and for lunch one day we traveled up to Marigot Bay.

We came out about the same as the AI plan, but we were able to choose what we liked. There are many drinks not included on the AI plan and also foods, such as steak and sushi rolls in the sushi restaurant not included on AI. We were able to eat off property, travel to other places and eat (and also drink wine at a reasonable price). There was NOT ONE bottle of decent wine on the menu at Sugar Beach at a good price, so we only drank mixed drinks. We are foodies though and often ordered appetizers and entrees as well as dessert at every restaurant and after dinner drinks. Right at 2000$ for 6 days/5 nights including transportation to Marigot Bay and to Ladera & Boucan once night each. Worked for us and we got to explore.

13. Re: Sugar Beach Viceroy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, May 31, 2015